THREE

One step turned into many as Shawn shot up from his seat and bolted out of the door, the bell loudly ringing out again and catching her attention. He struggled to keep his balance when he tried to catch up with her, reaching out to tap her jacket clad shoulder.

But she had already turned around, and Shawn had somehow landed face first on the pavement.

She was stunned as he groaned and slowly lifted himself to his feet, Jon and Brianna looking at him strangely through the window. He quickly dusted himself off and bit his lip, looking at the woman before him.

She was more beautiful than anyone he'd ever seen, and he found himself wondering how in the world he'd missed her earlier. Her hair was hidden underneath the beanie she wore, but peeking out from it were a few loose strands, framing her face in a way. He noticed how her grip on her items had gotten so much tighter, her face in a perpetual state of shock. On her cheeks, the new red color had begun to show- Not a lot, but enough to permeate through the black and white color of her skin.

She was.. Talking. Oh, god, she's talking.

"I-I'm sorry, what did you say?" Shawn was barely able to stutter out, feeling as if he was going to explode. He tried to play it cool for a second, pocketing his hands and putting up a nonchalant front, but before she could even repeat herself, he was having another outburst. "Are you her? You're her, right? You have to be, I mean-"

He continued babbling on, the girl only giving him a confused look, her lips slightly parted in hopes to butt into his steady flow of words.

"Uh-"

"Where were you on November 29th?" Shawn questioned, his eyes roaming over every inch of her excitedly.

"Are you actually going to let me answer?" Y/N quirked, and this time, it was Shawn's turn to turn red. He gulped and nodded, stifling a smile at her sassy reply, knowing just by that that she was the one for him.

The girl let out a small laugh and reached out to let her fingers brush over the cold skin of his cheek. "On the 29th, I was at a concert. Your concert."

It was extremely comical to her, the way he seemed to be fangirling over her even though he was the famous one of the two. Shawn struggled to contain himself when he brought up a hand of his own to lay over hers that was still on his cheek, his face instinctively digging further into her touch.

There were so many things he wanted to say, wanted to do, but was so overwhelmed. He needed to calm down, so he settled with the one word that would confirm everything for him.

"Yellow?"

There was no need to say anything more. She knew instantly, her face brightening.

"Yellow."

Shawn let out a kind of whoop and brought her into a larger-than-life hug, rocking her back and forth while also being conscious of the coffee and puzzle in her hand. They stood there for as long as both of them could remember, basking in the feeling of each other.

And Jon and Brianna were watching every second of it.

For Jon, the scene was beautiful, having been through it all before himself. He took out his phone and recorded them hugging, his wide smile mirroring theirs. Brianna, on the other hand, wasn't so happy. Her frown nearly put a damper on the situation, but Jon wasn't going to let that happen.

"What's wrong?" He asked the girl, noticing how she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.

Brianna shrugged, hugging herself over her sweater. "I dunno. I guess I'm just a little jealous that I haven't seen any colors yet."