➳ kiss the girl

CHAPTER TWO 

                k i s s   t h e  g i r l

        My first kiss was from Rachel Wilson. It wasn't anything special. There were no fireworks, curling fingers around her neck, or the intense adding of tongue. It was two seconds tops, and all I felt were rough lips on mine. Taking in consideration that Rachel is now five inches taller, has a curvy figure and a perky dimpled smile, I should be gloating about her being my first kiss. But it didn't mean anything, it was just some stupid game between friends and us back in the fifth grade. We were both braced faced silly, innocent kids then.

If I were put on the spot at the age we are now like that, I wouldn't even think about it. Of course I wouldn't kiss her! Despite having classes together, and the occasional nods of existence towards each other in the halls, we don't even know each other. It would be like kissing a stranger, and who knows where and who those lips have been on.

 "Why do you keep talking about kisses?" I ask Emily honestly.

She has been drilling me with all kinds of questions and facts, all revolving around lip-on-lip contact. Emily is known to be random, but the drastic change from a simple conversation about tigers (and that was already random enough) to kissing is enough to make me question her.

Emily bats her eyelashes innocently after taking a long sip of her vanilla bean frappuccino. "Because. . . I can?" she says it more like a question that a statement. She wipes her hands on her green, Starbucks employee apron, getting rid of a little caramel from her last order.

I glare at her yet I'm clearly grinning ear to ear. "What do you have planned, you devious child?"

She completely ignores my nickname for her, and instead smiles bigger. "Don't freak on me, Noah. Remember: do it for the vine-- or in this case, Youtube."

I ready myself for what ever she is about to hit me with, leaning back and steadily drinking from my cup. It definitely was the wrong time to take a sip of my passion fruit tea, because I almost choke on it.

"It's simple, Noah," she says before I can intervene." You just go, find a girl, kneel down on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage!"

I wonder if she knows how ridiculous she sounds. . .

"After she giggles and jokingly agrees," she continues.

I wonder if she knows how pretty she looks with no makeup on. . .

"-- you plant the best kiss you can on her."

I blink.

And blink.

Then blink again.

I stare at Emily, taken aback by this idea. We might have done some outrageous things in the past year of making viral prank videos, but this one certainly takes the tee on the most out there. And this is coming from the guy who has sat on random people's laps. Now that is a story in it's own right.

"This will get a millions views on Youtube easily." Emily adds in quickly, then sits back to read my expression.

There are so many things wrong with this idea. First off, the premise is pig-ish. I would place a girl on the spot, basically forcing her to kiss me when I am sure she would love to keep her lips to herself, much like myself. Secondly, who knows, the people might have a contagious disease. I wouldn't want to get herpes, or something.

"What do you say, Noah?" Emily pesters me, trying to quicken my decision. The lustrous gleam in her eyes shows her excitement. She truly thinks this will be our hit to get us partnered with Youtube, ultimately gaining us views and cash.