Chapter 1

"What the HELL is wrong with you today!?" Arthur demanded.

"The days only just begun and yet you've somehow managed to spoil my breakfast, stain my shirt, and now, scold me with my bath water?!!!" " I said hot, not bloody boiling!!"

Arthur complained as the raven haired boy tended to the red area of the fuming prince's foot.

"I'm sorry sire, perhaps it's because I haven't gotten quite enough rest lately" merlin said quickly standing up. "Can't imagine why that is." He said trying to sound serious hiding his sarcasm turning quickly to fetch a cold bucket of water.

"Oh I don't know!!" said arthur sharing his own fuming face of sarcasm. "Perhaps a trip to the stocks will wake you up"

he threw his small towel at the back of Merlin's head before ducking behind his dressing wall.

"Always with your petty threats sire" Merlin said before whispering a few words towards the boiling bucket of water, eyes flashing gold. "Just admit it!" " Your too fond of me." he said with a smirk.

"WHAT?!"

Arthur poked his head out from the thin wall, just in time to see the boy trip over the tub and spill the bucket, water now finding it's way around his chambers. Merlin just gave him that idiot laugh and dusted himself off.

"I rest my case Merlin" arthur said, testing the bath water again. Merlin added a few buckets of cold water and arthur was able to enter. "

"You really need to get it together merlin" "I can't have you spoiling this quest we have coming up" He said as merlin cleaned up the mess he'd made around the prat's chambers.

"If we must cross into Cenred's old territory we must do it with as much ease as, possible. "The people there still view Camelot as a threat . We've only got one chance to try and establish peace between the kingdoms, and if my servant for what ever reason is the one preventing me from doing that I'll have your head!"

"You could make more of an effort you know, it's hard enough running a kingdom, I don't need my serv......"
(Merlin silently doses off background) ................

......"MERLIN!!!!!"

the boy jumped up but slipped again on the wet floor.

"Honestly Merlin. you truly are completely useless."

There was a knock on the door and a voice calling faintly from behind it.

Arthur gave merlin a weird look when the boy hurried to the door .It was Lancelot .

"All ready?" He asked. "Just a few minuets I must dress his highness" replied merlin mockingly. I'll be there in a moment."

"You know merlin." started arthur in the background.

"I am quite capable of dressing myself. You always seem to forget the fact that I am the ruler of this prosperous kingdom. Or perhaps you really did miss that bit." He said with hardly a trace of sarcasm.

"No you're right. You can manage your belt every once in a while."

Lancelot snorted quietly. "I'll leave you to it then." He said turning away down the hall. Merlin began to shut the door with a grin on his face, a raging king glaring at him in the background.

A FEW DAYS LATER

"What are you in such a rush to get to lately?" Asked arthur with a curious expression that followed merlin as he quickly walked passed him.

"Nothing." "What are you talking about." he replied brushing it off still scurrying around in a hurry.

"What am I talking about?" huffed the blonde. "Just look at yourself, I haven't seen you work so fast since,... Since... Ever." He said, with an unimpressed facial expression.