Jealousy

Chapter 5

Jealousy

(Adrianna's POV)

Legolas had arranged for me to see the company later today, he is such a gentleman. He's kind, funny, caring, handsome, and plain dreamy.

This is soooo exciting!! I am going to see my practically brothers! But at the same time I am nervous, what will the guys think? And what of Thorin? He will be absolutely furious. Who cares, this has been a good experience and I am not going to let a little dwarf ruin it for me.

I slip on a pretty dress and was on my way!

•••

I go to meet Legolas in the sitting room so he can escort me to the dungeons. On my was I walk past a hallway and over hear King Thrandill say to Tauriel, "You know Legolas cares for you."

"Not more than a regular soldier," Tauriel responded in a shocked-ish voice.

"That's not what I know to be true."

With that my heart sank, I don't know why, but it did. Was I developing feelings for him, I mean I think he is cute but real feeling? Whoa... That is scary, I'm not ready to care for someone yet... I just can't.

So I continue on my way...

When I get to the sitting room Legolas is standing there awaiting my arrival. "Lets go, Adrianna," He says.

"Okay," I said with this awkwardly awkward tone in my voice.

•••

I walk in to the dungeons first people I see are Fili and Kili.

"FILI! KILI! How are you!!" I yell.

"Your alive!!" They say in unison.

"It's good so see you!"

"Everyone has been worried about Adrianna!" Fili says.

"I bet"

The next people I come to is Balin and Dwalin.

"Bless my beard! Child you are okay!" Balin practically cries.

"It's nice to see you!" I say with tears in my eyes.

Next cell was no other than Thorin Oakenshield King under the mountain.

"Adrianna, it's good to see you alive," He stubbornly grunts.

"It's good to see you to," I start to walk away.

"Adrianna, may I have a word?"

"Yes Thorin?"

"I'm sorry about back at the mountains, can we start over?"

I glance at Legolas, he puts his head down at the ground.

"Thorin, I cannot and will not forgive you for what you said to me, just because I am a woman doesn't mean I don't know anything and that I don't matter, yes you wandered around and fought a war with your kingdom or what was left of it. That does not make you superior, I went off alone and had to build my own life my own place and survive. So you can't tell me that I inferior to you. So Thorin no, I cannot forgive you and start over, you need to think farther than the end of your nose and has some respect for other people."

With that I walk out of the dungeons with Legolas.

I don't know why, but I feel like I am walking in sunshine, and it feels good.

•••

When we get back to the sitting room Legolas addresses me, "Adrianna, what you said back there, that was inspiring. I mean...ahem...good job."

"Thanks," I nod my head respectfully and head back to my room, with my head flying high.

Thank you for reading hoped you enjoyed!

~Softballchick114