Weekends

The two were practically attached at the hip, nothing would separate the pair for the short time they had together. They did absolutely everything together. The pair had began sleeping in the same bed, as to not spend anytime apart, even unconsciously. Bucky and Cora had gone to see Bucky's family each morning before they went on with their day together. The two were in the clouds like they had hoped to be. But the clouds can't last forever, soon the final day of Bucky's visit came, as well as their trip to the Stark Expo with Steve.

The group had made their way to the Expo center, Steve planned to enlist again, unbeknownst to Bucky, being as Bucky was too caught up in Cora's beauty to take notice of Steve's momentary disappearance. And Cora was too caught up in the attractiveness of Bucky in his uniform to remember where Steve was going.

A man with a large camera walked up to the pair who were dancing to the music from a nearby stage and smiling at each other lovingly.

"Mind if I get a picture of you two?" The stout man asked politely, Cora simply nodded yes, and the man snapped a photo of the two dancing. The man left and the couple continued as if he was never even there.

"Bucky! Cora!" The two snapped their head to their friend Steve who came running towards them excited.

"Hey pal, what is it?" Bucky asked sincerely.

"I got accepted into the army!" He exclaimed.

"Steve! That's wonderful!!" Cora hugged him excited for the man.

"Steve are you sure you want to do this?" Bucky asked looking at his best friend seriously.

"Of course, Buck," Steve looked at Bucky with disbelief.

Cora suddenly realized what this meant. Not only was she going to have to lose Bucky for a second time, but now Steve was going to be leaving as well. Cora had initially brushed off Steve's idea of joining the cause as an Army Nurse but the advantages were starting to become more prominent.

Cora's thoughts were sidelined by Howard Stark and his presentation, something about a flying car or other.

As the sun set the group left the expo, dropping Steve off at his apartment, Bucky and Cora headed to her apartment.

"Bucky I love you." She told him, leaning her head on his chest feeling his warm arms around her as they stood on that fire escape overlooking the practically empty streets.

"And I love you Cora." He whispered into her ear.

"What do you think will happen with us Buck?" She asked not wanting to lose him.

"Well, how about..." he thought about his words carefully for a few seconds, "when I get back from the war, you and I get married." He held her close to himself, trying to keep her warm.

"I already feel Married to you Bucky." She turned in his arms to smile at him.

"Well, Mrs.Barnes, what do you think?" He asked playfully.

"I think I could never love another like I love you, James Buchanan Barnes." She softly pecked his lips, causing him to smile greatly at the woman he loved.

That night the pair had gotten to sleep later than they should have, they were kept awake by their unbridled love for each other.

The morning after was a colossal mess of emotions. Cora and Bucky were still wasted on their love for each other, however, they both knew what was to come in the next few hours. Neither of them wanted to separate again. But they knew that it would have to happen. The two made their way mournfully to the docks where Bucky was to head to in order to get to Europe.

"Don't you dare die out there. Do you hear me?" She looked at him sternly.

Bucky breathed out, looking at Cora.

"I will come back to you, Cora Edelmann." He looked down at her placing his hands on either side of her face.

"We will be together," she said before kissing him passionately. "Come back to me Buck." She said close to his face, not paying any attention to the groups of soldiers watching the pair.