< E I G H T T E E N >

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song----------------}

< E I G H T T E E N >

“You can not have her!” Alpha Clark roars.

Arden hears him but can’t seem to take her eyes off Sam. He looks the same but yet…different. He stands straight and proud as he stares down her old Alpha. His scars, while still visible, don’t stand out as much as they had. He’s putting weight on his left knee and Arden can see no discomfort or pain written on his face like he usually would wear.

He looks, Arden’s wolf growls lustfully, powerful.

Other than his appearance she’s surprised see the glimmer of mischief in his gray eyes he looks at the crazed Alpha. Will be so mischievous when Alpha Clark tries to detach his head, she internally snaps as concern fills her mind. Still she can’t fight the urge to run over there and kiss his stupid face.

“See that’s where you’re wrong.” Sam drawls as he descends the small hill he’s standing on until he’s on the same plain as everyone else. “I can and I will have her.”

Arden’s wolf growls in her mind as the two continue to banter about Arden like she’s a toy or something. She can challenge for herself but she’s not sure if this challenging thing is part of some plan for Sam or just a pride thing. She’s not sure if he’s just trying to prove he’s not some weak human male anymore or if he really is that suicidal.

Either way the fact remains that Sam doesn’t know how to fight.

“The ghost runner is mine!”

Arden has heard enough. Shifting into human and ignoring the fact she is naked she faces the Alpha of Blue Bay with something she’s sure he’s never seen from her, her head held high. To Arden’s surprise Sam lets out a territorial growl between his teeth at the sight of her naked but again Arden ignores it. Though it’s still new to him this is normal among her kind.

“Though Sam is my mate he will not challenge you.” Arden tells the Alpha.

“What?” Sam snarls to her left but both the Alpha and Arden ignore him.

Alpha Clark smiles cruelly, “That’s my good girl. Come to me and so I won’t be forced to rip out your lover’s throat.”

“I’d like to see you try, you piece of shit!” Sam taunts the tension rolling off him in waves.

“I will challenge you myself.”

Both men give her shocked looks before Alpha Clark bursts into laughter before sneering at her, “You dare challenge your Alpha?”

Arden narrows her golden eyes at him; “You are not my Alpha anymore.”

“I will always be your Alpha.” He tells her lowly, “And you belong to me. You have always belonged to me.”

“I belong to no one!” She screams at him.

The prairie goes silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop but she refuses to change the statement. Sam is her mate but she does not belong to him. Her hands become fists at her sides and her wolf snarls in her head and likes its chops at the idea of tasting Alpha Clark’s blood on their tongue.

“Wrong.” Alpha Clark tells her taking a step forward and making Arden stiffen her spine, “You will come to me without a fight or I will have no choice but to kill your so called mate and this pack that stands behind you.”