< S I X >

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song--------}

< S I X >

Arden’s body is shaking so hard she can barely walk while dragging Sam behind her towards the truck. Every one of her senses is on high alert as soon as they break the barrier of being outside. Her hand is holding Sam’s hand so tight she’s not even attempting to hide the hidden strength she was born with.

“Arden, sweetheart slow down. What’s going on?” Sam asks from behind her.

She shakes her head and looks down the road. Steve is no longer there but his scent suggests that his departure has been recent. Spotting the truck across the street Arden drags Sam in that direction but not so fast that he’ll trip due to his bad knee. Despite her panic about Steve’s location she refuses to hurt Sam by accident.

She can’t risk him being hurt in anyway.

Yanking open the drivers side door she shoves Sam towards the truck. She’s annoyed she was never given the skills to drive a car since it would be much easier if she just took control but she simply can’t. Besides it gives her time to think of a plan about what to do about the appearance.

Did that mean the Alpha was not far behind?

Did that mean the howling in the woods the night before were for whom she thought they were for?

Could The Blue Bay pack risk having a fight with the larger pack that watched over this plot of land?

Knowing her Alpha and given that her assumptions were corrects the answer was yes; the Alpha would risk his pack to get her. The Alpha was a man who fed off of obsession. His obsession with her coat color came first. Then his obsession with the power of her blood came when he found out how beneficial she could be in solving his own problems. But now that had runaway from the pack, had killed Eliza her guard and also endangered a high-ranking member of the pack by escaping his obsession will be deadly.

Arden looks over at Sam as the trucks engine roared to life. He’s frowning and shooting her perplexed glances. He doesn’t understand why she’s acting this way and she can only sympathize knowing that he’ll be in the dark for awhile until she can get things locked into place. The only option she can think of isn’t one she or her wolf is happy about.

Arden may have to leave.

>< 

Sam has never been more lost in his life.

She isn’t saying anything. She keeps shaking like a leaf and on top of it all she practically dragged him out of the diner. None of it made any sense. Despite this thought going though his mind, he keeps conjuring up the image of that creepy guy outside of the diner and how shaken up his presence made Arden. So maybe it did make a bit of sense.

“Who was that guy?” Sam asks bluntly.

Arden’s head snaps to his, eyes wide, “W-Who?”

“The guy outside the diner, Arden and don’t even try to bullshit your way out of this.” He warns her giving her a hard look.

“I can’t tell you.”

Her voice is soft and shaky as she answers him. He doesn’t like the fact she won’t tell him but he also doesn’t like the fact she’s retreating back into herself. He doesn’t want her to hide, especially not from him. Fuck, he thinks with a mental groan, he’s way too attached to her.