We Aren't Saving Her Yet

Lillian had locked her in a cell filled with kryptonite. Kara felt like she was dying. Her skin felt like it was being burned off of her and then reattaching itself in all the wrong places. She felt like her heart was attacking her. Her blood was boiling at a temperature where it should have evaporated already but hadn't.

Kara couldn't kill Kal. He was her cousin. He was the last son of Krypton. She could talk Lillian out of killing her friends. Lillian wouldn't really kill them. She couldn't kill them.

"What is this going to do?" Alex asked Jeremiah.

"In a nutshell, it will teleport someone's consciousness into Kara's subconscious. Whoever we teleport will find themselves in a maze. They don't necessarily want to find the exit to the maze, there are many exits, they want to find Kara. There will be many Kara's but the one they need to find is the oldest Kara. The oldest Kara might be an old woman or her at her current age. My bet is that it will be an old woman Kara. After finding the oldest Kara they need to talk to her and she will tell them what they need to do with the Kara in the dream. When I was studying the case at CADMUS the oldest version of the girl was the girl at her current age. She told me to shoot the version of her in the dream. Her brain wants to get out of the dream and it will do everything it can to help you. But there's no telling how long it will take you to find the oldest Kara. It took me years to save the girl at CADMUS." Jeremiah explained.

"Okay, like half of that went over my head," Winn said jokingly.

"That's fine, you're not the one going into Kara's head," J'onn said.

"Who is going into her head?" Alex inquired.

"No one, for now," J'onn said.

"What do you mean?" Alex almost yelled, "Our top priority should be saving Kara."

"No, it's not," J'onn said looking at Alex, "Our top priority is finishing taking down CADMUS. Then it's finding that escaped Kryptonian girl and Mon-El. Then we can save Kara. It takes 15 years for Black Mold to kill someone, Kara can wait that long."

"Can she while living her worst nightmare on repeat?" Alex said frustratedly.

"Kara is one of the strongest people I have ever met." J'onn said calmly, "She can and will make it through this."