XVI - Rhapsody

XVI - Rhapsody

Rhapsody
rhap·so·dy
/ˈrapsədē/
noun
noun: rhapsody; plural noun: rhapsodies
an effusively enthusiastic or ecstatic expression of feeling.

🍁

She couldn't speak. Not because his mouth was on hers. Not because her stomach was flipping pleasantly and turned her into a stone. No. It was because of what he said and the way he said it.

He loves her?

They were both breathing loudly. Catching air while looking into each others eyes.

"Say something love." He coaxed her. He doubted she feels the same way towards him but he wanted to say what he feels out loud.

The words in her mouth got stuck. Her throat suddenly felt blocked, mouth parched, it opens only for it to close again.

He apprehensively watched her, observing her reaction. She didn't say anything for the past three minutes. He removed his hand from her lowerback, it automatically went there when he kissed her, to cup her cheek. But she misunderstood the action. She thought he was pulling away. She hastily grabbed his hand and hold it.

"I'm sorry." This was it. He was going to get to the waiting game. He doesn't care. He'll wait for her until she will love him. And he knew she will because he'll do everything to make her fall in love with him. She was it for him and he'll be damned if he'll let her go. He'd take what he could now, chaste kisses, hugs and her smile. He'll be satisfied. He has to, afterall it was only for now.

He's probably annoyed at her for not responding to him. When he pulled away she knew she has to say it or she will never get to say what she truly feels.

"It's okay. I'm going to wait for you until you'll fall hopelessly for me." The way he said it send shivers to her spine. He was confident. But why would he wait when she was already hopelessly inlove with him?

She smiled. He thought she would make him wait. She brought her hands to cup his face and tiptoed kissing his lips so softly. "I love you too." She whispered. But she knew he heard it. There were tears forming in her eyes.

Did he hear that right? "Y-you do?" He never stuttered. But somehow, Jessica always make him does. She makes him speechless. Stunned. And most of all she makes him feel invincible. Like he coud conquer the world when he's with her. She was both his weakness and his strength.

"Yes." She smiled through her happy tears. It flowed freely on her cheeks. He was the first man to truly make her feel happy and beautiful. Her mother once said, if a guy looks at you the same way you look at him, you've found the one for you. She was skeptic among many things. Doubtful and indecisive, but with him, she knew there's no doubts and second thoughts, she knew he'll be the first and last. "I love you." She repeated.

He smiled. That full blown smile he never show to anyone but to her. He laughed and hollered into the night sky, this made Jess laugh at his antics. She loves him too. His angel loves him too. When their eyes met both of them were shedding tears. She was shocked seeing the tears on his eyes.

"Noah why---" whatever her question was it went away together with the cold night air. His lips descended on hers, taking her breath away.

It wasn't their usual kiss. It wasn't gentle nor possessive. This one felt more like a promise. His promise to love her and her promise to love him back. His tongue massaged hers and behind her closed eyelids she swore she saw fireworks igniting her passion. She kissed him back feverishly and this made Noah almost lose his control. They were both losing air but his lips moved as if she were responsible for every breathe he take. He pulled away, needing air. But not even a second later, he pulled her close to him if close wasn't close enough already and crashed his lips on hers. He will never get enough of her. He bit her bottom lip and released it. This had become his habit when he was kissing her. And with a final peck he pulled away, resting his forehead on hers. He was still smiling like an idiot.