Chapter Two

Cetera Hendrix

Everyday for five long years, it had been a routine for me. Train, hunt, rescue, repeat. And within those years, I had to deal with the fact that I was betrayed by those who I thought loved me. My parents who I thought were to some day rescue me. I gave up on waiting for someone to rescue me, so thanks to Serene, she had helped me escape.

Bloody and bruised, I laid on the cold floor. I couldn't even feel my legs nor could I even feel my whole body. I was numb, the only pain I could feel was on my face. My head was throbbing with pain and my eyes were sore with tears and bruises. I wanted to take my life then and there but Serene refused to let me do it.

"Please Moon Goddess... Please take me, what use am I to this life if I stay as a useless slave? Have I done any sin to make you hate me that much? Is this my punishment? If so, please accept my plea... Let me die peacefully..." I muttered, quietly.

"Cetera?! Cetera!" I heard a familiar voice whispering softly to me. My eyes were so blurry that I couldn't be able to see the face.

"Oh my goddess, Cetera," I recognized that voice to be Serene, "don't you dare close your damn eyes on me, okay?"

"S-Serene? I-I just want to go, please let me?" I wheezed out. Tears began to pour out of her eyes.

"No, I won't... I promise I will get you out of here at early dawn. I have already came up with a plan and I have came with painkillers to take with you, as well as medicine to heal your wounds," she said.

"H-how did y-you get here?" I breathed out and began to cough.

She had a small smirk on her face, "I may or may not have sedated the guards but who cares?"

"Hurry we don't have much time... I will take you somewhere they won't be able to find you. I have already masked our scent." She told me.

As morning had come, my body felt much better than last night, clearly the medicine had helped. I was in a log cabin that was surrounded by barbed wires. I turned to see where I was and who had bought me here until I remembered that Serene had helped me.

Startled by the opening of the door, I was relieved to see that it was only Serene, who had a tray of food in her hands.

"Oh, you're up! Good timing too, since I know you hate it when someone wakes you up. We have time to go to the borderline and then from there I will let you go. I will try to hold off as much trackers away so you could escape."

I was overwhelmed by the feeling and I couldn't help but cry, "Thank you, Serene..."

She took my hand in hers, I saw her eyes turn glassy as she smiled, "You have nothing to thank me for, if anything, I wanted to thank you–"

She was then interrupted by a loud roar, "Get up and take this with you..." She held out a plain black duffle bag for me.

I stood on my wobbly legs and went to the back door, listening to the conversation as I did.

"Serene," a voice growled out, "where is she?"

"I don't know what you are talking about brother," Serene says way to smugly.

"Don't you dare lie to my face and say that she isn't here because I know she is! I can strongly smell her scent... She– she's my mate..."

My eyes widened and I ran as fast as I could and prayed that he will never find me and that I will make it out of their territory.

I mean, would you still stay if the one who abused you were to be your mate? Exactly. I had cursed Moon Goddess on the day of his eighteenth birthday.