Again

“Master? Is that…you?”

______________________

My ears registered the soft human voice, and I felt my heart drop for the second time.

It’s really him.

He looked just like he did five years ago—somewhat sixteen, with the same porcelain skin, slim, lean figure.

“Master? You look…” AI paused, as if to consider his choice of words, “young.”

I frowned, then realized that AI was calling me ‘Master’.

“Uh—I’m not Father if that’s what you’re saying. It’s me, Suoh,” I scratched the back of my head, wondering how much I could possibly have grown in five years to actually look like Father. Guess I frown too much.

“Oh!” AI’s eyes widened, and his head tilted to the side, “Young Master, I didn’t know puberty hit you so hard—it must have been very exciting—“

There’s one thing about this droid that I never understood: It never talked common sense. The other droids were so set on facts that you could never find any fault with them. This droid?

Doesn’t make sense at all.

Dammit, so cute.

“Young Master? Is something the matter?”

I mentally cursed myself for fantasizing about the droid in front of me and approached the platform, examining the cuffs that held AI above the platform and the wires that coiled around his body.

“Wait, I need to find a way to get you out of this.”

I turned towards the workbench, flipping the laptop open.

“Please take your time, Young Master.”

I grunted in frustration. “Doesn’t it hurt?”

AI tilted his head to the side once again, “Me?”

“Yeah you,” I typed the usual password into my Father’s laptop, and realized that he had changed it. “Tsk.”

“Ah, you mean the cuffs? Now that you mention it—yes, yes it does.”

“…” I forgot that he had been in position for almost five years. It’s a miracle that his wrists didn’t break. Oh wait, but he is a miracle. All droids are miracles. 

“AI, what’s the password to the laptop?”

“Is it not E-M-M-A-5-2-3-9?”

“No. He changed it.”

AI paused, adverting his eyes. “Ah, I do recall Master changing his password a few days ago—“

“AI, five years have passed.”

His head snapped up, and his deep orbs wavered. “Excuse me?”

“I’m fifteen. Sixteen in a few weeks,” I pressed, and seeing the shock on AI’s face, frowned. “You. Where have you been?”

He broke eye contact, as if burnt from my gaze. “I…I do not know.”

Should I tell him about Father? That he’s dead?

No. Not yet. I need to find out more, about their relationship, about the disappearance, about…AI.