Chapter 5

Storm walked back to the nursery and sat down. Mossykit was getting up out of her and littermates nest. Her soft kit fur fluffed up as she stretched. She shook her fur and bounced over to Storm. "Hello!" She sqeaked. Storm purred "Hi Mossykit!" Mossykit looks around and frowns "Where's Sagecloud?" She asks. "Sagecloud went on the dawn patrol." Storm meows back. "Oh" Mossykit sounded disapointed, but she quickly became cheerful again. "Lets go outside!" she gasps "I'll get Dovekit and Bramblekit, you go outside!" "Okay," Storm says and then walks outside as Mossykit dashes back to the nest.

It was very bright outside and the sun was shining down into the hollow. Branchwhisker and Snowtail were sharing a thrush outside the warriors den. Snowtail's head shot up as Storm sat down near them. She whispered something into Branchwhisker's ear and flicked her tail at the silver tabby. Storm bristled, You don't have to be so rude! she thought. Branchwhisker glanced her way and muttered something pack to the gray she-cat. Storm lifted her head up and marched right by them to the fresh kill pile. She grabbed a mouse and gulped it down in a few bites.

Pawsteps were scampering towards her and Storm turned around and saw Mossykit, Dovekit, and Bramblekit standing behind her. "Lets play now!" Mossykit exclaims. "Somebody has to be a Shadowclan cat and the rest of us will be Thunderclan cats!" Shadowclan is one of the other groups, Storm thought, So they must be enemies. Storm blinked, confused. Or not? She sighed. Clan life is confusing. "Storm can you be the Shadowclan cat?" Dovekit asks. "Uhh... sure," Storm replies.

"Okay lets start!" Mossykit yowls. She immediately jumps at Storm and hits her with force. Bramblekit yowls "This is our territory!" and runs at Storm. Oh I get it, Storm thought, I'm a Shadowclan tresspasser. She swiped at Bramblekit, careful not to actually hurt him, and blocking his attack. Bramblekit fell back. Storm tries to shake Mossykit off, but the white and dark gray tabby kit holds on tight. Dovekit lunges at her paws, but Storm quickly dodges the blow causing Mossykit to fall off. Storm swung around and hits Mossykit on the muzzle with her paw. Mossykit sprang up and rammed into her. Storm fell backwards and onto the ground. Mossykit and Bramblekit leaped at her and the three cats started to tustle together on the ground. Dovekit joined in a few moments later and Storm had to yowl "I give up! I give up!"

The three kits got off of Storm and shook their pelts with their eyes wide and excited. "That was fun!" Dovekit exclaimed. "Totally," Bramblekit aggrees. Storm got up and said "That really was fun!" "Of course!" Mossykit purrs. Storm looks at the three kits around her. She has only known them for a sunrise and she already completely trusts them. I feel like these cats are my kin, she thought. An image of Moon and Stone pops into her head. She sighs. She will always be close to these cats, but they will never be her real kin. I wish they could be...

Storm yawns and chews on the vole she was eating, more slowly. It was dusk and the whole clan was gathered in the clearing eating for the last time that day. Dovekit lay beside her leaning against Sagecloud while Brackenfrost taught Mossykit and Bramblekit the hunting crouch. Storm nudges the rest of the vole towards Flarestrike who is sitting on the other side of her. "You can eat the rest," she tells him "I'm stuffed!" Flarestrike smiles and starts to munch hungrily on the vole. Storm lays down next to Dovekit and sighs "I'm tired." "Me too" Dovekit mews and snuggles up closer to Sagecloud. Sagecloud licks her ear and meows "Lets head back to the nursery." Sagecloud gets up and calls "Mossykit! Bramblekit! We're going back to the nursery." Mossykit and Bramblekit scamper over to Sagecloud as she flicks her tail signaling to Storm to follow them. Storm sighs and meows "See you tomorrow Flarestrike." Flarestrike gulps down the last remains of the vole. "Night Storm" "Good night," Storm replies and follows Sagecloud into the nursery. She yawns and walks over to her nest. Storm lays down, closes her eyes, and drifts off into sleep.

Storm wakes up in a forest with some light sun rays shining through the branches and leaves of the trees above her. She looks around not recognizing her surroundings. Gazing around, she suddenly spots a small dark gray tom cleaning his paws under a great oak tree.

"Stone!" Storm cries and starts to bound over to her brother. Stone lifts up his head and shoots away into the ferns. "Stone come back!" Storm yowls and crashes through the ferns after him. She gets onto the other side of the ferns and spots Stone running towards a stream in the distance. Storm chases Stone through the trees and weaves around bushes. She loses sight of her brother all of the sudden as she crashes into a bramble thicket. When she finally gets out, with what she thinks is all the brambles that were in the bush stuck to her pelt, she sees that Stone is on the other side of a river, not a stream. "Stone, talk to me!" Storm wails.

Stone turns towards Storm and starts to open and close his mouth like he was talking. Angry yowls and hisses start to come from his mouth. "What!?" Storm shrieks. "I don't understand!" A voice suddenly yowls in her head "Wake up Storm!" Storm closes her eyes tightly wanting the harsh cries from Stone to stop.

Storm wakes up in her nest but the yowls are still going on. She looks around and sees that Sagecloud and Poppyfall were at the entrance of the den, but Mossykit, Dovekit, and Bramblekit were in their nest. Their eyes were wide and excited. Something's going on... Storm thought as she walked up to Sagecloud and Poppyfall at the entrance. The sun was already up in the sky! How long did I sleep, she thought. Sagecloud leaned over to Storm and whispered "The dawn patrol just came back and had reported Shadowclan scent in our territory. "Oh," Storm replied.

Sparrowstar was talking with Rainleap the leader of the dawn patrol. He stepped away and jumped onto HighLedge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here under HighLedge for a clan meeting!" "Come on Sagecloud murmured and quickly licked Storm's pelt clean. Umm... why is she cleaning me, Storm thought. Sparrowstar continued "You all know that our dawn patrol found Shadowclan scents inside our territory.-" Angry yowls come from the crowd of Thunderclan cats in the clearing. "But," Sparrowstar went on, "we're going to worry about that later because we have something else to deal with first." Sparrowstar gazed down at Storm. "Storm step forward," he meows. Storm gasped. Was she about to become an apprentice?!

XD I think we all know! I'm so happy I updated again and I won't be updating until the weekend. Unless... I surprise you and update on a weekday again... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I probably won't but whatever! 😸 See ya!!

-Swift_Jay