Chapter 3

Storm gulped and stuttered "I-I said the mouse was mine." Getting more confident she added "I was stalking it! You were waiting in the bushes, so I get the mouse!" Storm glared at the tom.

The tom rolled his eyes and meowed "That doesn't make any since kit." Storm opened her mouth to reply, but the tom went on. "I was stalking the mouse too, but you didn't see me because I was in the bushes. You were stalking it too, but I caught it first. So that makes it my prey. That makes since, right?"

Storm shuffled her paws and turned her back to the tom, embarassed. It did make since. "Mouse-brain," she mutters quietly to herself.

"I'm Robin. What's your name kit?" The tom meowed. "My name is Storm." Storm replied. "Where's your mother Storm?" Storm gazed sadly at the ground. "She's dead." She finally choked out. Robin looked at her stunned. "Oh," he meows quietly. "I'm sorry Storm."

Storm just nods. She's to grief stricken to speak. "Do you need somebody to take care of you?" Robin asked. Storm looked up and glared at him "No" Storm replies. "I can take care of myself!" Robin sighs "Okay, but can I atleast teach you somethings about this place?" Storm thinks for a moment and finally mutters "Fine"

"Okay," Robin meowed "If you want to survive on your own out here you have to stay close to the river." Storm shook her head, "But I want to go and find a nice forest to live in. I don't want to stay close to the river my whole life!" She replied. Storm glared at Robin again as he rolled his eyes. "But the river is your friend. You need it to have water and prey. You can also go into the river to hide your scent if you're being tracked," Robin meows. Storm glances at the river and replies, "But I feel so lonely when I'm just walking beside the river! There's no other cats I see!" Robin sighs and looks downriver. Storm follows his gaze but just sees more trees. She looks at Robin and wonders, What's he looking at? Is he going to speak? After a while Robin speaks. "There are groups of cats downriver," he meows "You can live with them. But they may not let you." Storm stares downriver. "Do you think they'll let me stay with them if I want to?" She meows, forgeting all about wanting to take care of herself. "Maybe," Robin replies "You can go check them out and if you don't like the way they live, then go back to living as a rogue." Storm nodded and meowed "Okay, I'll go check them out." Robin dipped his head. "Have safe travels," he replied.

Storm turned away and started trotting downriver. Her trot turned into running. Storm sped over the grass downriver towards these groups of cats. But thoughts swirled into her head. What group will I join? What if they don't like me? Dark clouds were starting to cover the sky again. Another thought struck Storm, Why does the whole world seem to get scared or nervous when I get scared or nervous? Storm slowed to a stop and sat down. Her belly growled. Storm realized that she hadn't had something to eat in a long time.

She got up and took a step away from the river just as a rabbit hopped im front of her. Storm slammed her paw down on the rabbit and nipped its neck, killing it. Storm gulped down the rabbut quickly. She felt good that there was prey in her belly now.

Storm walked alongside the river which had now turned into a wide stream. The dark clouds had cleared and the sky was clear and bright. She stopped and looked around. There was a nice oak forest on the side she was on and a pine forest on the other side. Storm shrugged and headed into the oak forest. She had only been walking in the forest for a minute when a yowl sounded from above her. "Hey, what are you doing here?! This is Thunderclan territory!" Storm looked up. A black tom and a small gray she-cat with dark gray paws were in the tree above her.

Sorry if this chapter was a little short. I can never really tell. Well anyway please comment and tell me what you thought!

-Swift_Jay