Chapter 20 : I'll fill those canyons in your soul, Like a river lead you home,

Penelope closed her eyes, placing her worries and troubles into God's capable hands. After all a woman's strength was not just about how much she can handle before she broke. Some people were broken by the fire while some were born from it and she was one of those. It was time to show the world how much she was able to handle even after she was broken from inside. She took a calming breath, steadying her frayed nerves, preparing herself to enter the party.

As she was entering, one of her makeup girls rushed to her, arranging her artfully blow dried raven hair on one side of her shoulder.

"S*hit", Audrey mumbled under her breathe as she looked at the paparazzi. She clutched Penelope's hand with a force and tried to smile at them. However Penelope was unfazed by the flashing light this time. She waved at them, her eyes twinkled as she slipped easily into a role of an actress and she flashed them her million watt smile as she glided on the marble floor, reminiscing a swan peacefully floating on the water surface. Did anyone ever imagine how many ripples or under currents were there under those calm water?

"I need a f*cking drink!" Audrey wiped her forehead as she followed Penelope inside.

"No, you can't have it, at least not in front of them." Penelope somehow managed to mutter in low voice as she smiled at cameras once more. It looked like Peter had not left any stones unturned in lining cameras and TV crews. If this was going to be her future, she was not running away from them. This was a very important night for her. There were too many issues on her mind already and Audrey was adding more to it. Now she will also have to keep an eye on her to just see that she behaved properly. She was sure tonight she was going to discuss important matters and God save her if Audrey embarrassed them both in front of so many publicity people.

They finally entered the grand marble foyer. Huge glittering chandeliers hung from the ceiling, bathing the entire place in a golden dust.

"Penelope!" screamed the photographers. "Look over here! Over here!" Their voices grew loud and the flashes increased. The bright lights overwhelmed her eyes and for a second, she didn't know what to do. Few bright spots started to appear in front of her eyes but she didn't lose her focus and obliged them, turning her way this side and that, feeling sure that the flash blindness will fade gradually. Someone shouted from another corner, "You look beautiful tonight!" she nodded her head in acknowledgment but this was not what she wanted to hear. The only thing she cared about was an acknowledgement of her acting skills, not the mere praise of her physical beauty. But she was confident that it will also come with time and little bit of patience.

Penelope took another step not knowing what she will find. She was sure all famous people present here knew each other and, if she was to believe the magazines, they also slept with one another. However, she found that over in one corner, Matt was surrounded by pretty young sylphs, many of those models whom she recognised from the beach.

Well, It was Matt, what else did she expect from him?

Paige stood to the side, looking very sweet and surprisingly shy. As she saw Penelope, she walked towards her and hugged her briefly.

"How do I look?" Penelope whispered slowly, feeling bit insecure and just letting her words to be only for Paige's ears.

"Trust me honey, you look hot! I'm sure every man present here is dying to talk with you!"

Penelope flushed a little at Paige's sincere words. "Umm, thanks Paige."

"I can't wait to work with you, Penelope." She smiled at her and opened her mouth to speak when Peter who was standing in the centre of the room, grasping some strange journalist's hand, forcing him to join the conversation came towards them.