Chapter 9: back to the cave

A/N I'm really happy with the amount of feedback I'm receiving at the moment! I love knowing what you think of my story. It would make me very happy if you told me your thoughts on it more often. Anyway, before you read the chapter read the first comment. (you don't actually have to. I just said that so you could see the whole chapter)

All the longboats were placed into the water. It looked as though eighty percent of the crew were coming. People rushed about, getting us ready for our journey into the cave. The sun had just set and the moonlight cast eerie shadows over the water. It reminded me of one of my favorite horror films that had been filed in District 4. My favorite bit was when the main character died. The annoying thing was that she died of fright, with not a bit of blood and gore anywhere.

Taking my mind off the movie I went over to where the crew were now getting into the boats. Crew members were crowded around the side of the ship, waiting for a chance to get in. Most of them seemed hesitant about whatever it was we were to do next. Apparently while I had been downstairs with Elizabeth they had formed some sort of plan. The plan had something to do with somehow getting the undead alive again and then shooting them. As I hadn't been told, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, so I patiently waited for my turn to get in.

There were five boats in total, each carrying eight men - or in my case, women. I ended up at the back of a boat containing Jack and the Commodore.  The others sat up front. I checked in my pocket again for my knives and found all three of them there. None of them were as good as the ones Jack had given me, but they were decent enough. Two were identical, both with an extremely short blade. Short but sharp. The other one's blade was much longer and looked like it could cut through almost anything.

Four of the inhabitants of my boat picked up an oar each and we began to pull away from the Dauntless. Clouds covered the sky and mist surrounded us, giving everything an eerie feel. We rowed in complete silence with nothing but the sound of the oars splashing against the water in unison.

We were rowing far too slow for my liking and it took us fifteen minuets to set out of the sight of the Dauntless. Three of the boats stayed much further back than the first two in case of an ambush from behind. I was in the front boat with a clear view of what lay in front of us. We had not yet entered the stone tunnel that entered the cave. Instead we were slowly moving toward a jutting out rock with a hole through the middle, big enough for us to row through. Hell, it was probably big enough for the Black Pearl to sail through. And there in front of us it sat. As we neared the hole, it was as if everyone was trying to catch a glimpse of the majestic ship that was only forty metres away from where we were.

With its tattered sails and black paint job it looked creepy. We kept rowing until we were inside the rock face and the Commodore pulled out a telescope. "So we are to stay out here and wait for Barbossa and his men to leave? Is that correct, Sparrow?"

"No. We attack them from inside the cave. In this situation it's our best option," said Jack. I could barly see them over the heads of the other men. "It'll be easy."

"I don't care for the situation. Any attempt to storm the cave could turn into an ambush," Norrington  argued.

"Not if your the ones doing the ambushing. I go in, I convince Barbossa to send his men out in their little boats. You and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejesus outta' them with your little cannons, eh? What have you got to loose?"

"Nothing I'd lament being rid of."

"Yeah, but Barbossa's crew might come over to the Dauntless and the people on board could get hurt," I said, cutting into their conversation. "I'm pretty sure Elizabeth would be in danger."