W e d n e s d a y | 03

Red Reaper | Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic

Wednesdays.

My favorite day of the week.

A twisted smile creeped on to my face;

It was time to hunt.

Yanking the brown wig off from my head, I let out a sigh of relief as my red hair was finally free. I flattened it out and brushed it. Even as a killer ghoul, I still need to take proper care of my hair if I want it to look fiery and pretty.

I stood up from the chair and walked to over one of my locked drawers where I keep my secret black mask. I took out the mask and put it on, making sure that it was comfortable. As I reached into my closet, I pulled out my black hoodie with an open space that exposed my upper back and black leggings along with knee length black boots.

Don't take me as an emo person, I'm only wearing black to look badass and to blend in with the shadows at night.

I slid open the window in my room and jumped out. The ground beneath me rumbled slightly as my feet made contact. I licked my dry lips. The chilly midnight breeze flowed around me, caressing my red hair.

I wonder who's going to be the unlucky fellow that happens to be in my way today.

"Hahh?! Who is this little bitch on my feeding ground?!" A raspy voice yelled out from behind me.

That didn't take long.

The flickering shine from a nearby street light illuminated myself, it clearly showed anyone around me who I was. I took a few steps closer to him and I could hear him gasp in surprise. He froze.

"T-the Red Reaper... oh, crap. So you aren't a legend after all."

The only reply I gave him was silence as my ukaku type kagune tore through my back and filled the open space of my hoodie. It appeared a bright red color with veins of orange and maroon decorating it. To me, it looked like wings of fire.

"N-no please! I'll let you eat anything you want here! Heck, this isn't even my territory, I was lying! I'm only-

Thwack!

The crystallized needles from my kagune pierced through him.

"I really..." I watched as his body fell motionlessly, "...hate liars."

Droplets of red painted itself on my face; I rubbed it off with the back of my hand. Kicking his body to the side, I continued my way down to the less occupied alleys. I stopped walking when I found a corpse of a man lying on the floor. Several of his bones were dislocated, a suicide jumper probably. I didn't care that much anymore.

I took one of his legs and ripped it off, tearing the fresh meat from his leg. I bet he just jumped recently because his body didn't rot yet. I didn't eat everything because I was too full from the meal two days ago.

As a contribution to the urban legend, I plucked out a strand of my red hair when I was finished with him and let it go. It floated down to the top of the half eaten body.

The Red Reaper strikes again.

I was about to turn around and head back home when something whizzed past me.

Shit.

I didn't react in time. The sharp object skimmed against my mask and it ripped open, dragged away by the sharp object. Immediately, I turned away and let my long red hair cover my face.

I was pissed.

Really pissed.

My Wednesday night was ruined. First that stupid ghoul and now there's this problem.

Somebody is going to die tonight.