S c h o o l R u s h | 02

Red Reaper | Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic

I always hated doing things for the first time.

First days, first try, first sport, first trip. That's because the first time I do things I don't know anything about it and I have to learn by trial and error, and today was my dreaded first day at my new high school, Kiyomi High School, in the 20th ward.

I wasn't in a particularly good mood today anyway. My expression remained emotionless and bored as I stood in front of the class door.

"Class, today we have a new student, " the teacher's kind voice was muffled through the door. She faced the door and gestured her hand out, "Please, come in."

"Screw it." I murmured under my breath and slid open the door.

Whispers and murmurs erupted the room as soon as I came in. My eyes scanned over all the people in the room from where I stood. I could smell another ghoul here.

There.

I spotted a purple-haired girl at the corner of the room staring back at me. She was the ghoul. I'm pretty sure she knew that I was a ghoul too. I shouldn't be too worried, most ghouls in the 20th ward are usually docile. At least, I hope so.

"Introduce yourself." I turned to look at the teacher as she smiled at me.

I took a breath in and spoke, "My name is Akane Suzume. Nice to meet you."

"Alright Suzume-san, you can take a seat next to Kirishima-san over there."

I adjusted the school bag on my hand and walked over to the empty seat. The ghoul beside me glanced at me from the side suspiciously and I stared back at her.

Class started several minutes later and a piece of paper landed on my notebook from the right. I paused in my notes and turned to the girl beside me. Opening up the folded paper, I started to read it.

Who are you?

I scribbled down a reply and threw it back at her.

I introduced myself just a while ago.

I watched as she read over the reply. Turning to me, she raised her eyebrow and I shrugged back at her. It seems as if she dismissed it and went back to her notes, so I did the same.

It was afterschool when she approached me again, I had already expected it though.

"You there, Suzume... was it?"

"Yeah, why?" I finished packing my books into my bag and faced her.

Her eyes narrowed, "I've never seen you around, but you smell like a ghoul."

"Because I am one."

"Are you a threat?"

I hummed in thought before answering her, "I'm pretty sure that I'm not a threat."

She lifted up her bag and crossed her arms, "I see, well then I have nothing else to say to you. Come stop by at Anteiku if you'd want to."

I stood there with my bag silently as she walked out of the room, "An...teiku..?"

---

"So how was school like, Akane-chan?" The redhead swirled the coffee in her cup.

"It was fine."

Leaning back, she rested her elbow on the chair and sipped her coffee, "Make any new friends?"

I paused for a while, "Say, Itori-san?"

"Hm?"

"Do you happen to know anyone called Touka Kirishima?"

"Sure I do." She put a finger to her chin, "If I'm not mistaken, she goes to the same school as you. Is that why you want to know?"

I nodded, "Same class."

"Oh, what a coincedence. Touka-chan works part-time in Anteiku. A cafe in the 20th ward that also has a supply for ghouls who need food. You could stop by there and I bet you would learn more about her. Ah~ I would also like to see Kanekichii again."

"Kanekichii...?"

"That's right, Akane-chan, you should ask Touka-chan about him."

"Is he... Kirishima-san's boyfriend?"

I stood from the chair and grabbed my school bag, "I should be going now, see you Itori-san."

She smiled brightly and waved, "Stop by more often, will ya?"

I nodded at stepped out of the bar.

Anteiku... huh.

a/n: If you got confused, the redhead who swirled her coffee was Itori, not Akane.