Prologue

Eva's Story

I remember When I was young the other children and I would gather together and listen to the stories this kind old lady would have to tell us. Like the old lady her stories were usually fun, exciting, and so full of energy. But my favorite stories were of one of our worlds... No I got that wrong. Our worlds greatest superhero, Tori!!! I remember the last time she came to tell us a story. I had begged my parents into letting me go. I hadn't stopped talking about it. That day started out so much like any other day but As fate would have it, it would change my life forever.

----Flashback---- 

----Prologue------

"Mom we've got to hurry she's supposed to be there at any moment." a little boy said to his Mother, who at that moment was very tired from the crazy schedule at work, that and her son hadn't stopped talking about this event since he heard that Old Lady Zoey the story teller was going to be in town.  

"Now Jay I'm sure Zoey wouldn't start without you. After all she did promise you she would let you pick the story this time around." said the mother with a loving smile to her youngest son. Even though her son talked about this non stop it did her heart good seeing him find so much joy in something.  

As the boy looked up to his mother he could sense that she was tired, he wanted to help her so he did what he felt he should do, he smiled back to her and said. "Thank you momma you know I love you so much." he paused and then he added "If you want we can slow down if you want." And he had meant it. 

As they walked their way to the library they took in the sites. Even though they had lived there for many years it was still amazing how even a small town could change and grow. Just in one corner of town they had a new ice cream shop with the best tasting milkshakes within the state. They just recently rebuilt the carwash and the gas station next to it. The schools aren't too big but with the plans to build more homes and businesses soon that would change soon enough. Those buildings were very close to each other and their home wasn't far from them either. They had just passed the high school when Jay spotted a little girl who looked to be about his age, he also noticed that she had a worried look on her face. She was alone and started to run it was at that moment that she tripped and scraped her knee on the un-level side walk. Seeing that and noticing that the girl wasn't getting up, Jay without hesitation rushed over to help her. "Are you alright miss, can I help?" he had asked. 

With the uncontrollable crying it was some time before he got any response from the girl, "I got lost and I can't find my mommy." she said. As soon as she saw Jay her tears started to slow as she tried to fight them back. 

Even though he was still young he looked the young girl over for any injuries, that being a habit he got from being in the boy scouts. "You're knee is bleeding. My mom has a first aid kit." After Jay and his mother helped to clean and bandage the little girl's knee she stopped crying but Jay was completely oblivious to the smile he was getting from her.  

"We can help you find your mommy if you want. Do you have any idea where she might be? Does she have a phone?" Jay asked her sounding genuinely concerned for her. 

Jay's mother smiled at her son and she was truly proud of him, for she knew how important that it was to him to see Old Lady Zoey and this would be the first time he would be able to pick the story that she would tell. If they spent much time searching for the girl's mother there would be a good chance Jay would miss his opportunity to pick the story. She was about to pull out her phone when a woman who was very frantic ran up to them.  

"Athena thank the heavens. There you are, I've been worried sick. Are you alright my sweet angel?" She couldn't get to her daughter fast enough. As soon as mother and daughter were reunited she looked her little angle over and noticed the bandage on her one knee.