Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Luna

"You can't be serious. You're saying you read that book that quickly and you understood everything?" exclaimed Zoey with amazement mixed with unbelief. 

"Not exactly. Even though I did finish reading the book. But I never said I understood everything. I only got some of the stuff. It would take a bit more study time for me to learn and understand everything." said Eva looking a little embarrassed at the fact that she had to admit that to someone.  

"Hey you two! You've got to come up here. That is if you're done with seeing who's the smarter one. This is an awesome tree house." shouted Luna.  

Luna was getting a bit impatient because she hardly gets to spend time with her sister and when she first heard that they were coming here Luna had hoped that all this fun stuff in the back yard would entice Eva's interest and give her no choice but to spend time with her. But then she knew that choice was most likely lost once books were mentioned. Even though she kept a fun loving expression on her face she knew that teasing them both like that was low but she was running out of options.  

Zoey looked up at the tree house and called up, "Since you put it that way, guess we don't have any other choice," she started walking towards the garage, "but to get the chainsaw and cut the tree down."  

"Nnnoooo! Don't do that. Not with me in it." screamed Luna.  

For a second Luna thought that her teasing had actually gone too far so she started to run to the latter doing so caused her to stumble upon a loose floor board. That board acted almost as a catapult and threw her backwards and over the railing.  

When Eva saw her sister falling her heart just about stopped. Without even thinking about it she shot through the air towards her sister, faster and with more accuracy than she had before, "Please let me catch her. Don't let her hit the ground and get hurt." she thought to herself.  

The events that led to the fall had happened so quickly Luna couldn't even remember falling. She didn't know the full details even after she felt arms wrap around her but then a bit of time had past and she noticed that there was nothing beneath her feet it was then that she started to piece things together. Once back on the ground the sisters both saw Zoey with her jaw wide open. Then her book slipped out of her fingers to the ground.  

"Now that is what I call awesome." Zoey almost shouted.  

Luna had never seen her friend look so excited not even when talking about her favorite books, movies, boys, or any other subject. Although maybe if Luna had been closer to Zoey's age the talking about boys may have been more exciting for both girls.  

The two sisters looked at one another with a little nervousness and then turned with uneasiness to Zoey.  

"Uh... Yeah, I need you to not mention this to anyone please." said Eva as she said a quick and silent prayer. 

"Are you sure?" Zoey asked as if she thought Eva was crazy for that question. "Something like this needs to be told to someone. "Zoey saw the looks on her friends' faces then she took a deep breath and before either Evan or Luna could say anything Zoey turned to Luna looking as if she was about to burst, "I've just got so tell you this. I just found out that, that girl the actress Eva Logan, she can totally and completely fly. With no assistance and with no tricks. Honestly!"  

Luna just looked a little confused and unsure of what to say so she just slowly went with the first words that came to her mouth, "Okay. That's nice." 

With a huff of air "Wow. I thought I would go crazy if I couldn't tell at least one person. Now I'm good and can keep this info to just between us. Okay?" said Zoey as she returned to looking bored with the world.