Chapter 2- Mate?

When I came to, I was in a small empty room with my hands bound behind my back. The walls were white and barren the only thing to break the monotony of it was a small sliver of a window in the door. There was no handle on the inside, only a flat piece of metal where I assumed the handle was on the outside. 

I sat upright leaning my head against the wall. The pounding was back and each time I moved I felt like the world was spinning. I wondered if the man from the woods had given me a concussion. I recited my basic information in my head. 

My name is Katarina Reynolds, I came from the Dark Rise pack, My mother and father are Christopher and Neema Reynolds.  

It seemed like I didn't have any memory loss...at least that I could remember. 

A shadow passed by the window in the door, hovering around, and I prepared myself for what might step through. I don't think there was ever a way to truly prepare myself properly for what happened though. 

Someone held the door open, allowing a man to step inside. My jaw nearly dropped at the sight of him. He wore a shirt that fit snug over his strong, well defined muscles, and the jeans he was wearing fit tightly on him. His jawline was well defined, the stubble on his chin adding to the harshness. His dark hair and the green eyes that stared at me.

But what hit me hard was the scent. It was the best thing I had ever smelled. I just wanted to breathe in the scent of him all day. 

I could see the shift in him. The harshness eased up and he really looked at me. 

He then whispered one question which held a word I'd never thought I would hear. 

"My mate?"

My eyes widened. My brain didn't want to accept what he had said, but my body knew it was true. My wolf knew it was true. She had awoken and she wanted to go to him. I stayed in the corner, paralyzed, not that I could really go anywhere. I had no idea what to do. I had just been attacked, thrown into a small room, and now some insane, albeit hot, man had just asked if we were mates.  

The man took two large steps, crossing the tiny room and standing in front of me. He crouched down and the intensity of his stare made me look down at my lap. 

His hand reached out, grabbing my chin gently yet firmly and making me look in his eyes. Sparks flew through me as if his touch had electrified every cell and I gasped. 

I was instantly lost in the deep green of his eyes. 

Without any warning, his mouth was on mine. I felt a sharp canine scrape against my lower lip and I gasped.

The kiss intensified and I was completely lost. All of my senses were overwhelmed by him. I felt the binds on my hands break free and he pulled back. 

My breathing came out ragged and it was a good thing I was already sitting down. If my head hadn't been spinning before, I knew it was now, and my legs wouldn't have been able to hold me up. 

I wish he hadn't pulled away, I wanted him to kiss me again. I wanted him to do more than that. But I was also surprised that that had just happened.

A blush crept into my cheeks at my thoughts. I didn't even know this man and already I was thinking explicit things about him. I almost felt ashamed. Almost. 

I saw rage fill his eyes again and I cringed. The man stood and turned back to the door. He slammed his fist into the metal, denting it in. Someone opened the door and the man looked back at me. 

"Who brought her here?"

"Ty, Sir," I heard someone say. 

"And who left the marks?" 

"Uh, Kyle," the man paused hesitantly. "Sir."

"I would like to speak to Kyle," the man said, venom lacing the words. 

He turned back to me. "You're coming with me."

I looked up to him nervously. I wasn't sure I wanted to go anywhere with him now. The high from the contact had worn off, and the man made me nervous. 

He held a hand out toward me and I hesitantly took it. When my hand touched his, those same sparks went from him straight into me. So they hadn't been any figment of my imagination. They had actually been there. 

The man pulled me up to my feet and led me out the door. 

"Kyle will be in shortly, Sir." A man said before saluting my savior. 

"Good," he growled before leading me away. 

We walked down a hall, making many different twists and turns before stepping into another white room. However this one had quite a bit more to it. There was an elevated bench and a cabinet that held many different medical supplies. 

"Sit," he said as he walked to the cabinet. 

I listened, going to the bench and sitting down on it. The man set a few things on a tray and wheeled it over to me. He poured a liquid onto a cotton ball and looked up at me. He brought the cotton ball to my lip and dabbed at it. 

I flinched at the pain. Rubbing alcohol filled my nostrils and it stung the cut on my lip. The man frowned slightly as he dabbed a little more before moving to the corner of my eye. 

It burned there also, but I prepared myself for the sting. I started to wonder who this man was. The other man called him 'Sir', so he had to be someone of importance. And he was obviously a werewolf. My guess, he was an Alpha.

And he was my mate. 

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of it. What were the chances of me walking onto the same land as my mate, and for him to be someone important?

Just as he had finished with the minor cuts on my face, all wounds that would heal in no time, the guy who had been on top of me walked into the room. 

I flinched when his eyes turned to me, narrowing. I wanted to hide, I wanted to get far away from him. 

"Did you do this?" The man asked Kyle referring to me.

"Yes," Kyle answered nonchalnt. 

I saw my mate's eyes narrow at Kyle, and I saw as realization hit him that he had just given him the wrong answer. 

"You attacked my mate?" He asked, teeth gritting together. 

"I-I didn't know she was..."

"How dare you lay a finger on her," he growled. 

"But Alpha Granger!"

The man, my mate, brought his fist down on Kyle as hard as he could. Blood spewed form his mouth, and I heard the crack as his head made contact with the hard floor. My hand flew to my mouth, my eyes wide with shock. 

My mate's boot went into the man's gut, kicking him hard, and Kyle groaned. 

Had he just said what I thought he did? Did he just call my mate Alpha Granger? I had to have been hearing things. It had to be the blows to my head, because I knew there was no way in hell that could be right. 

"Next time you might think before you do something completely stupid," my mate said before stepping past him. 

He signaled for me to follow, and at this point, I was scared not to do what he said.

******

So there's the next chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments please! And if you liked the chapter, please give it a vote! Thanks :)