Chapter Thirteen

I lay in Five's arms for a couple of minutes but I couldn't sleep, there was too much going on.
Downstairs I could hear Luther and Allison talking to Mum and outside I could hear Klaus rummaging through the trash, talking to someone. Probably Ben.
And I could smell... blood?
"Five?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He replied
"Are you injured? I can smell blood." I asked.
"Oh, yeah, it's nothing. Just a cut." He said.
I sat up. "It sure doesn't smell like just a cut!" I said and raised an eyebrow.
He rolled his eyes and pulled up his sleeve to reveal a bloody slice in his shoulder with wonky stitches and a train plaster stuck on it.
"Jesus, Five! You didn't even wash it! How the hell did that happen?" I asked, examining the wound.
"I was in the mall." He muttered.
"Getting Delores?" I asked.
"Yeah." He replied.
"Oh and what? You tripped?" I asked, sarcastically.
"Yeah?" He replied, unsure.
"Okay, I'll go get some proper bandages. But I want you to tell me what's going on, you've had two wounds in the past couple of days. You're obviously in some kind of trouble."
He stared at me. I sighed and shook my head.
I went out into the nearest bathroom but there weren't any bandages.
I walked downstairs to ask mum. I found her in the kitchen, with Luther and Allison.
They both had plates with smiley bacon and egg faces and were looking slightly on edge.
I ignored them.
"Hey, mum?" I asked.
She turned around with a smile, "Yes, dear, would you like something to eat?" She asked.
"No, I'm fine, thank you. I was just wondering where the bandages are?" I asked.
"Oh, of course, dear. There are some in the pantry behind the flour." She directed and turned back to the frying pan.
Luther turned to me, "Why do you need bandages?" He asked.
"Why do you care?" I retorted, walking out.
I retrieved the bandages from the pantry and walked in a bathroom, turning on the tap and filling up a small bowl full of water.
I dampened a flannel in the water and brought it all back up to Five's room.
I nudged open the door with my foot and walked into the room.
It was empty. Five had gone, and Delores too.
Well. This was just lovely!
I placed the water on the windowsill where it teetered and fell out, splashing klaus below.
"AGGHH!" There came a scream.
"Klaus, where'd Five go?" I poked my head out of the window.
"Accalia, I have just been half drowned in freezing cold water!" He gestured dramatically at himself.
"Oh it was was lukewarm." I rolled my eyes.
"Five drove off somewhere." He added.
I nodded and went back into the room.
"Say hello to Ben!" I added over my shoulder.
I looked around, thinking.
I didn't want to be angry but I felt kinda betrayed.
We had just gotten...closer. And now we were back to keeping secrets.
We were walking around in a circle.
I sighed and bit my lip.
I walked into my room and lay down.
A/n rlly short chapter, again I'm sorry😞 Will update later though 😁.
Love you!