Chapter Seven

Five and Vanya stood in the living room.
"Nice to know Dad didn't forget me." Five smiled grimly, staring up at his portrait in the living room.
"Read your book by the way," He turned to Vanya, "Found it in a library that was still standing. I thought it was pretty good, all things considered."
He walked away a bit. "Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets. Sure that went down well."
Vanya scoffed. "They hate me."
"Oh, there are worse things that can happen." He looked up, face filled with meaning.
"You mean like what happened to Ben?" Vanya asked, monotonous.
Five expression turned almost sorrowful.
"Was it bad?"
There was silence.
"When are you going to speak to Accalia?" Vanya asked.
Five sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
"She's ignoring me." He said.
"How do you know?" Vanya pressed, taking a seat on one of the sofas.
"I knocked on her door and called her name and she didn't answer."
"Maybe she was sleeping?" Vanya reasoned.
Five shook his head. "No, she can't sleep during the day. Its one of the human characteristics that stayed with her."
Vanya sighed. He really did know her so well.
There was another short pause.
Five looked up, his eyes ever so slightly blurry. "Why does she hate me?" He asked.
Vanya looked uncertain. "I'm not sure I should be the one you ask..."
He cut her off. "Just, why? Doesn't she know it wasn't my fault? I didn't know I'd get stuck there. I spent 45 years there..." His voice cracked slightly and he took a deep breath and sat down on the sofa opposite Vanya.
Vanya looked somewhat distressed.
"When you left, it affected all of us. We all cried for days, but Accalia? She cried for weeks, months, years. I don't think she ever really stopped crying. Your disappearance... it broke her, Five. She became depressed and quiet. Spending most of her time in wolf form and barely communicating with the rest of us. She stopped laughing, joking, teasing. She changed. She just stopped being Accalia." Vanya gave the boy a sympathetic smile and left the room. She had said enough.
He sat there, thinking. Wondering what could have been and what can be still.

A/n 🤯🤯geez, that was deeeeeeeppp! I really wasn't expecting to write anything like that at all! It just kinda happened...? Well, wow! It was in third person so Accalia wasn't there and didn't hear it and it wasn't a flash back or anything. Just clarifying. Sorry it's so short, It was supposed to be a filler chapter but it kinda turned...important I guess?
So, Yh, hope u like it!