Chapter seven

A (not so) secret kiss

Zayns POV

I sit next to Harry on the blanket. Currently waiting for Shawn and Niall to come. "Can I tell you something Harry? Like a crazy bananas thing?" I ask, I tug on a piece of grass.

"I like bananas so... sure." Harry says looking at me.

"Like you can't tell anyone." I say, he nods his head, "well. You know Tom? Well he told me about this club down the street from Uni. An-"

"ZAYN! You were supposed to wait to go to a club with Shawn and I," Harry whines, I roll my eyes.

"I know. I know. But Tom made me these brownies and then it sounded like a really good idea. You were with Ed and Shawn was watching something with Niall. So I went and got drunk and started to dance," I explain, he nods his head egging me on. "Well this guy came and started to dance with me. He seemed pretty hot. It was hard to see who he was. I turned around to maybe get a bit closer."

Harry gasps dramatically, "who?"

"Liam Payne." Harry gasps even louder. "So I freaked out and kissed him! And he was a re-"

"You kissed Liam," Harry yells, I slap a hand over his mouth.

"Shhhhhh! You dolt people will hear!" I hiss, Niall and Shawn sit down next to us, I slowly let go of his face. Both of us staring at Niall suspiciously. Niall looks around awkwardly, Shawn coughs.

"Well!" Shawn says clapping loudly, all of us jump, "someone say something this is weird."

It's quiet again before Niall decides to break it. "So. You kissed Liam?" he asks, I flick Harry in the head.

"He doesn't know it was me so you can't tell him." I say, Niall nods his head.

"Promise," he says, he lifts his pinky up. I roll my eyes and go to lock it. "But. You have to tell me what happened."

"Deal," I promise, we lock fingers.

So retell my story, telling his about my 'name' Z. "Woah. Okay," Niall says, "and he has no idea it was you?"

"No he seemed kinda drunk. But I went out before it went on too long," I answer, Niall looks thoughtful.

"Well then. My lips are sealed," he replies, Shawn stares at me in shock. I start a new conversation, not wanting to answer anymore questions.

In the middle of talking about if we would rather drink bird saliva or eat toes Niall speaks up. "I'm kinda hungry. We should go get some lunch." We all make disgusted faces, "you can seriously be hungry after that," Shawn mutters.

Niall shrugs his shoulders, "I'm always hungry. We should get some McDonalds." We all get up, agreeing on McDonalds. The drive is quiet, other than Harry singing every now and then.

"Wait, I'll actually get a Oreo McFlurry," Niall says, "and. Two large fries." We watch Niall from the table, people behind him rolling their eyes.

"So. You and Niall seem to be getting along," Harry says as they sit down.

"Yeah. He's actually a cool guy," Shawn mutters, pressing down the buttons of the cap.

"Not what I was meaning to say," Harry coughs before Niall sits down.

"What?" Everyone turns to Niall, "you kept changing your order." Shawn laughs, "everyone behind you was glaring."

"Yeah, well what if I regretted getting chicken nuggets and instead I wanted a chicken sandwich," Niall explains, "I have to choose wisely."

"Niall. There's like twenty billion McDonalds around the world, I'm sure you could get whatever you regretted not getting the next day," I joke, tying my straw, I pull it tight and it breaks.

"Oooooo. They were thinking about you," Harry says, Zayn looks down at the broken wrapper, "who were you thinking about?"

"I think we know," Niall mutters, Shawn's hand flies up and smacks the back of his head. Niall rubs the back of his head, frowning at Shawn. The frown disappears as the food gets placed down. I deep a deep breath through my nose, quickly taking my fries.

We eat, talking about our college classes. "What kinda bull shit is this. We ALL end up in college together," Niall laughs, Harry reaches across the table to grab one of Niall's fries, Niall smacks his hand hard.

"I know right?!? We all just kinda applied to a whole bunch of colleges and which ever one we all got in we would go there. When we all made that promise in first grade and I don't break promises," Shawn says, absentmindedly taking a fry from Niall.

Harry throws his arms in the air. "That's not fair!" He whines, I pinch his leg, Shawn looks over at me. I smirk knowingly at him, he hides a smile, grabbing another fry.