Twist and Shout by Gabriel

This story is not on Wattpad, but on a website called Archive of Our Own. This is a AU fanfiction based off of the Supernatural tv show and would be rated R.

What the story is about: Twist and Shout is set in the sixties, a time when homosexuality was thought to be a crippling disease. But even with all the hate and the fear of war, Dean Winchester and Castiel Novak still find each other and find love.

My thoughts on the story: I can't watch Forest Gump, I cry a little when I hear Elvis, and people talking about a Draft, whether war, football, or beer related, I feel this cracking in my chest. This story is very, very, very good. The characters stay close to their TV show personalities and the story is just...fantastic. I had read really good reviews about this story so I was curious, and I had taken the "Read with caution; emotional damage ahead" warnings as a joke. This is a story you cry during and you feel affected by it for the rest of your life.

The Characters: Beautiful.

The plot: Beautiful.

My emotional stability after reading this story: Non-existent.

But in all seriousness, even if you never watched the show Supernatural this story is a must read. There's not a lot that would leave a non-SuperFan confused and even if there is, we all have access to this cute little thing called Google. I don't care if you think Supernatural is the stupidest show on Earth, this story is just a good read.

A few warnings, though. Some topics in this story, homosexuality, aids, war, are talked about frequently during the span of the story. The two main characters ARE homosexual and there are gay-sex scenes. These scenes are not for everyone so it's alright to skip through them. As I mentioned in my review of ConleysWifey's stories, it is just two characters bettering their relationship through physical means.

Look up Twist and Shout at ArchiveOfOurOwn.Org

- R. Waylon