Chapter 12

Dylan's POV

"Who are you?" Those three little words continuously hunted me for two days now.

"Who are you?" Ashley's voice played in my head like a broken radio.

"Who are you?"

Damn!

I stared at the light grey sealing of my bedroom as I watched the fan spin. I reached out my hands but it was beyond my reach. Just like Ashley. She's close yet so far.

I shifted around to find a comfortable spot but it was useless. There's no way I'm getting any sleep. Her smell still lingered in our bed that I also missed so much. I took her pillow and savored her remaining scent but still, the warm body that I longed for was not there.

I sighed.

I needed to get back to the hospital.

It was not even an hour ago when they all ganged up on me and threw me out of Ashley's room. She had't woken up again since that moment.

The doctors told me that her memory might be a little bit of fuzzy due to her concussion and they'll know more once she's fully awake.

I stayed by her side for two whole days that she was out. I wanted to be the first the she'll see when she woke up. I only left for bathroom breaks. I never even bothered to eat. My cousin has to forced Andrea's cooking to me with a threat.

Ashley was moves into a bigger room. It was like a hotel room but with medical equipments. There also an extra bed which I have been camping. It was moments ago when they all and by all I mean including my father kicked me out to have a decent rest or even change my clothes.

So here I am again standing in front of the hospital. The guards that my father placed for Ashley's protection was also given an order to not let me in until tomorrow.

I just have to sneak in.

But how?

"You're not supposed to be here." I turned around and was relieved that it was only Monique. The nurse whom I met before and after Ashley's operation. I pulled some strings so she could be assigned personally for Ashley because or her professional way of dealing with patients and her empathy to the family.

"I know but I needed to be with her. Please can you help me?" I pointed at the door to emphasize my point. "I really don't want to hurt them or cause a scene."

"But it's the only way in." She said. "Unless of course your spiderman who can stick to walls." She joked.

"I can!"

"What?" She was shocked on my response.

"Is someone in her room?" I asked.

"No one's in there. The doctors estimated that she won't be waking up until tomorrow. Everyone went home."

"Great! So... Can you go in there and help unlock her windows?" She was reluctant so I begged. "Please?" She then sighed in defeat.

"Just remember... if you fall... It's not my fault!" I just smiled and followed her.

As the guards checked her identity, I snuck into the adjacent room which was luckily empty. I went directly to the window and saw that there's a small gap where I can walk. It'll be a piece of cake.

Ashley's window was already opened when I reached her room. I easily jump over but cautious to prevent any unnecessary noise. Monique was busy checking her vitals. I closed the window as she exit the room as if I wasn't even there.

The love of my life looked so pail and defenseless but at the same time gorgeous. I took my time just watching her sleep as her chest moved up and down. The steady beat of her heart monitor was beginning to be my favorite rhythm.

It was then that sleep came to overcome me. I have no intension of using the extra bed. I miss her so much and I wanted to be with her so I gently moved her arms and laid on her side. I places my hand under her head and my other over her palm in her stomach.

Darkness finally won.

I felt stirring on the bed and when I looked up, I was again greeted by two hazel eyes.

She finally woke up.

"Hey there..." I said and stood up. "How are you baby? Do you need anything?" She tried to speak but I saw some pain in her face. "Don't speak I'll go get the doctors."

I sped out and B1 and B2 was startled from their place. They never expected me to be inside. "Ma'am!"

"Get the doctor! She's awake." I left no room for them to react as I ran towards the nurse area where I bumped into Monique. "She's awake."

"Page Dr. Grey!" She informed the nurse in the station. We then went back to the room.

"Hey there. I'm Monique." She again tried to speak but all we heard was coarse sound. "Don't talk yet." She then went beside her and gave her some ice chips. "There! Better?"

Ashley nodded and began to speak again. "What happened?"

"You were shot and hit your head." She tried to move her hands but she stopped her. "You shouldn't move much or you'll tear your stitches. Wait for a while, the doctor will be here."

The door opened and a blonde doctor entered. "Hello Ashley. I'm Dr. Grey. I'm the one who operated on you." She went beside her to check her up doing this and that. "In a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, how much pain are you in?"

Ashley paused for a bit before replying. "8."

"This button here contained pain meds, you can push them as needed." Ashley nodded in understanding.

The door again opened and Dan together with Andrea entered the room. "Hey." Andrea said.

"Hey to you too." Ashley acknowledge her sister and it means that her memory was back. I felt relieved.

"How are you?" Andrea asked.

"I felt like I was shot." She joked. "By the way, where are the girls?"

"What do you mean?" Andrea asked in surprised.

"The girls! Emily and Courtney?" It was then that all three of us looked at each other in confusion. The doctor sensed our worry so she began her question.

"Ashley. Do you know what year today?"

"Yes! It's 2012!"

The doctor didn't say another word and just ordered the nurse to fetch another doctor.

"Andrea? You still haven't answered me! Where are the girls? And who are these people?" She started her barrage of questions in panic.

"Ash. Come down. Emily and Court were in rehab and this is Dan, my girlfriend and that is Dylan... your fiancee."

"My fiancee? Are you on drugs? She can't bey fiancee? I'm not gay! And I'm in love with Chris!"

Her statement shocked us all and hearing those words crumble my world. I felt a thousand needles penetrating my heart as my chest became heavier to breath.

"Where is he?" Ashley began to trash around and pulled her IV. Monique was left no choice but to put her to sleep.

"What just happened?" I asked as I fell on the floor.