a word from the author

Some thank yous:

Writing this book has been a somewhat crazy experience, so I will pause a moment to again thank leo4365 who has cried and fangirled and yelled at me for the entirety of this book and who asked me to get it published so she could own it.
(I'm sorry they didn't become a serial killer team. Would have been epic I know 😂😂)

Thanks also to my Unnie that-girl-alone who told me I did a good job writing a psycho which boosted my morale a TON.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

On the origin of names:

Erik shares a name with the phantom of the opera, one of my longstanding crushes and the most musical yet tragic man to ever exist. I chose the name because of the paralells in their storylines; both of them "ensnare" a girl and then eventually are shown compassion and are moved to release her. (Different kinds of release but you know what I mean).

Naming my writer Alice was a spontaneous decision that I made while writing the last few chapters. I got the idea that she would kill herself by jumping off a cliff at the end, and then all I could think about was Last of the Mohicans and Alice's beautiful suicide, giving me the name. I also like the connection of Alice falling down the rabbit hole. If you caught the Last of the Mohicans fan art in the Her chapter, good for you.

Jess is the name of a good friend of mine who had not yet had a cameo in one of my books.

 P.S. If you love stories based on Pinterest prompts, check out my Anthology with lilithmorningstar01.

Finally:

Thanks to you dear reader for making it this far. The amount of reads this story has gotten just blows me away. I am constantly humbled by everyone's support and kind messages.
Much love!

~squishy💜