Quipei: A Bad Dream

Zineth raised an eyebrow, looking at Dreamer. “Where the heck are we? What kind of town is this? Everyone looks poor. Even the thieves back in the cave were richer.”

            Anix sighed. “They were only rich because they were able to steal so many things. Not everyone is as low as you.”

            Zineth stepped towards Anix. “Yeah? Well, not everyone can act as spoiled as you royalty can.”

            Anix shrugged. “Your family is practically royalty itself.”

            Zineth turned away from him. “My true family consists of thieves, not royalty. No matter how much I’m accepted now, my heart fell into the hands of thieves. What was once there, will remain. So shut up, spoiled prince.”

            Yori whistled. “Your attitude is quite captivating. We all missed you when you were kidnapped.”

            Zineth raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. “Oh? Well, I didn’t miss any of you.”

            Ian shook his head in frustration, stepping in front of everyone. “This is an extremely poor village. Why would anyone bring Zineth’s parents here?”

            Dreamer shrugged. “I was lead to here. Plus, the moon pointed to this direction.”

            Zineth looked at Dreamer. “You sound like a lunatic… I don’t know why I listened to you. Let’s split up and look around. You guys can decide the groups. Layla is going with me.” She picked Layla up and walked away from them.

            Dreamer looked away from everyone to avoid the uncomfortable mood. “The prince and I will go follow Zineth. Yori and Ian, you guys will look around and note anything suspicious.” He tapped Anix’s shoulder as his marking glowed with moon aura. “Tele-shi.”

            Yori shrugged and pointed down the left road towards the open fields where almost half of the village’s population was found. “Let’s go there. I’m sensing moon aura here.”

            Ian raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about?”

            Yori smirked. “Only knights can sense aura. It takes practice to sense sun knights since I’m a moon knight,” he said as he walked to the edge of the field. He stepped onto the field and tapped a man’s shoulder. “Excuse me, sir, but we’re travelers, documenting historic stories of towns and villages. Would you happen to know any stories from this village?”

            The man stared at Yori for a moment and sighed, slightly smiling. “If you stay in this village for a few nights, you’ll be able to find out for yourselves. But I will give you a hint: this village isn’t as poor as you would think.” He walked away from them out of the fields.

            Yori looked at Ian. “Let’s go find Zineth now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Zineth~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Zineth kicked Anix’s knee and walked away in anger. “How dare he follow us. Layla, do you sense anything?”

            Layla closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, trying to concentrate on the energy around them. “I don’t really sense anything… but there’s something funny about the house.”

            Zineth raised an eyebrow. “Something wrong about the house? What’s wrong with it?”

            Layla furrowed her eyebrows. “Well, in every other house, there’s this warm aura around it. That house has no aura at all… except for one place. It makes no sense.”