we are all superheroes, aren't we?

Sara's p.o.v.

She really had nothing to motivate her going to her first journalism class, even her head told her to go straight back to bed by aching like shit. Sara knew she really shouldn't drink that much, especially because she had to stay in college and not get kicked out just to stay away from her stupid parents. On the other hand it was also nearly impossible to stop her from doing it, she got used to it.

And who did she had to even care about what she was doing to herself?

The big campus was completely empty when she walked around, to find the old ugly building where the classes took place. Sara looked like a tourist, from the big black sunglasses to the just bought starbuckslatte and the campus map in her hand.

All the other students were already in their classes * I mean who is late at their first day? * Or still sleeping, because they were either way skipping or had a class at afternoon or something.

Just Sara was the dumb one who was so late, that not even the last sprinters were still running over campus.

She stopped in front of the door that divided her from the anger that would probably come out of her professor's mouth. She could already hear her professor speaking (nearly screaming) strictly to his students. Sara really didn't want to go in, but still she took a deep breath, ran her hand through her blonde hair and opened the really heavy door.

"Miss Lance, you're late.", was the first thing Sara got to hear from her journalism professor.

* At least he already knows my name... *, Sara thought, grinning.

"Oh, I feel honored that you've been waiting for me, sir.", she countered with a bright smile and earned some laughs from the class.

She turned around, knowing the professor was too shocked to say another word, and sat down at the only free table, next to a blonde girl with glasses. She could see the professor shaking his head behind her.

"Oh my god! That was so cool. You showed him who the boss is right at the first contact and you didn't even know how he would react. But just so you know, he had been bossing us around right during the first twenty minutes you have missed, he really deserves to be commanded. By the way, my name is Kara.", she held out her hand to shake Sara's.

* Oh wow, this girl talks much... * , Sara thought. All Sara said was a short "hello.", but didn't turn around or even considered taking her hand, she would rather watch the professor getting his shit back together.

* That girl can be lucky she even got to talk to me.* Sara knew she probably had to make friends at that place, even just to survive,but she hadn't had the motivation to make social contact yet.

>---<

Ava's p.ov.

Class was the actual horror. The last time Ava had been that scared before was at the prom night, when her dad forced her to go to the dance, even when she begged him to let her stay home.

* "But it's your last chance. Your last school dance. Come on, I've always dreamed of my little girl in a prom dress. Do it for me.", he would've said. Ava woud've felt really bad back then, because she didn't want to make her dad feel sad or that he had to miss something that mattered that much to him just because of his anxious daughter. "But Dad, I'm scared.", she would've said.

"Ava, please.", Tears in his eyes. "Okay, I'll try. For you.", Ava had stared at her feet, because she couldn't see her dad that sad. *

There were so many people around her in class, talking to each other, she could feel them looking at her, maybe also talking about her. She was so scared to do anything wrong, to embarrass herself.