❝ garden ❞

~

your hand trembled just in the slightest as the tall boy in front you held onto it. you hoped he wouldn't notice, but at the same time, hoping he would, in a sense that he really liked you too.

wait, whoa, this is quick! am i really falling in love so fast? 

you just met him this morning!

"i don't know about you, (y/n), but i'm totally excited, aren't y-" maggi's sentence was interrupted by a sudden trip on the doorstep from running so fast. 

"augh!" you both exclaimed as you fell to the ground and he fell on top of you, erupting in laughter. the fit suddenly stopped as the two of you furiously blushed and realized the awkward position you were in.

"oh, uh... sorry about that." maggi slowly stood up and nervously chuckled, grabbing your hand and pulling you up with him as he did so.

"...me too," you replied.

you both just awkwardly stood there on the grass for a few moments, neither sure what to do next.

"so..." you began.

"oh yeah, the garden, duh. i almost forgot for a second." maggi patted himself on the forehead in realization and began to walk. you followed after him.

"just keep going, take a left right here, and there you have it, yo!" 

you stopped and stared at the garden in awe. it may not have been the prettiest garden you've ever seen, but you couldn't help yourself from staring down the rows of crops. there were so many of them!

"wow! how many types of veggies do you have?" 

"we have beets, carrots, radishes, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, turnips, cabbage..."

"whoa."

"yeah. it's a bunch, but it sure is fun to grow and eat them. anyways, how about we start watering the plants? i don't think we have any extra gloves, but you can borrow solla's. i'm sure she won't mind."

"that sounds good." you answered. the two of you went in the nearby shed and grabbed watering cans. maggi put on his garden gloves and tossed solla's to you. you caught them and put them on. luckily, they fit perfectly. then, you both headed over to the garden hose, taking turns filling them up.

"how about you start with the beets on that end, and i'll start with the turnips on this end?" maggi suggested, motioning to the corresponding rows of vegetables.

"okay."

you lifted up the watering can and tipped it downwards, sprinkling the water across the plant sprouts. when you both were done watering and met in the middle of the garden, maggi spoke up. 

"hey, totally good job, (y/n)," he complimented, smiling. "you're better than siggi." he laughed.

"oh, thanks," you blushed and quietly chuckled. maggi did the same.

"wait, would you mind planting a new little something in my yard with me?" he asked.

"sure," you replied.

maggi went in the shed again and came out with several packets of different kinds of flower seeds.

"which kind's your favorite?" he asked.

you pointed to your favorite flower, then maggi put the other packets back, carried the other supplies, and you both began walking towards his house. 

"yo, so i've had little flowerpots with soil and everything on the side of my house for some time now, but i've never actually done somethin' with them," maggi said. "usually flowers are more solla's thing than mine, but i'm glad to be planting one today."

"why's that?" you curiously asked.

"oh, no reason..." maggi nervously smiled and blushed.  

you both began to plant a couple of seeds in each one of the flowerpots. maggi helped you a bit when necessary.

"hey, that was fun." you took your gloves off. 

"it was tubular!" maggi exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air and clapping. you laughed.

"okay, weirdo," you playfully teased him, "i'm going to eat lunch in a few and maybe unpack some more stuff."

"alright, (y/n)," he replied. "see ya later!"

"bye!" you called.

after you went inside your house, maggi picked up one of the flowerpots and carried it into his house, and set it on the windowsill in his bedroom. he absolutely couldn't help but sigh lovingly and looked out at the sunny day. though he always made an effort to be kind and uplifting to everyone, he was not the type to be all mushy-gushy. 

what has gotten into him?

"hey, maggi, whatcha thinkin' about?" halla shouted up to the open window, startling maggi as he was staring off into space.

"uh...veggies." maggi quickly answered in a slight panic.

"you suuure about that?" halla amusingly said.

"i'm totally sure! now, leave me alone." maggi closed the window. halla shrugged and spun around, placing her hand on her chin for moment. 

"a-ha!"  she called out, then racing down the street. "hey, solla! i have an idea!"

~

(a/n)

omg its been 2353465362 years since ive updated this fic i am literally so sorry

this time i promise to everyone reading this that i'll try to keep a consistent schedule with updating chapters and stuff and i'll try to write the next chapter as soon as possible.

also in case anyone was confused, maggi planted the flowers and took one with him because it'll remind him of (y/n). i don't know how well that section turned out but i hope it was at least kinda cute lol

hope you enjoyed ! 

a preview of the next chapter down below..........

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(next chapter: halla and the others try to set you and maggi up on a date. stay tuned !)

~