ben | speedway part 1

|warnings : none | 1.5K words |
(inspired from nascar)

-

me and my boyfriend Ben were on our way to California international speedway, ben had the aux on loudly as we both sang our hearts out to the songs in his playlist. ben was here to support me as it was my 2nd season in Nascar but this was big, id reached the finals. ben had never been to my 1st season as the filming crew wouldn't not let him out until it was finished. he was so determined to watch my 2nd season as he found it amazing that i held record for the fastest lap. a small buzz could be heard over the music, my chief was calling. i answer extremely nervous to see what this was about.

"y/n the Chevrolet passed the test and is entered as your racer, you need to make a decision on your number now" the pit crew asked

"uhh ok" i stared at ben

"8!" he whispers to me

"8! i choose eight.." i shouted then calming down

"ok ok, eight it is, i'll call if any changes are made" the crew ended to call

i our my phone back into the pocket of my jeans and looked at ben. his smile lighting up the car, i know why he said 8. the date we met was the 8th of August 2018 ( 8/8/18). the playlist came straight back on and ben put his hand on the side of my thigh gently. a couple hours past and we arrived at 5pm the race started at 7pm so we had time to check out the car.
i met with the crew and we exchanged my bag for the keys and my gear. i grabbed ben's hand and walked to my trailer where the car was. i opened the door and pulled him in closing and locked it. i climbed through to the cars, ben following with a smirk. i switched on the lights and there sat my midnight blue Chevrolet with a pearl white 8 printed on the roof,doors and bonnet.

"it suits you" ben smirked sat on the sofa of the trailer.

"i know, that's why i chose it" i laugh

"i've just got to change and then i'll make us drinks" i sat walking into a private compartment.

i took off my jeans and shirt and picked up the electric blue racing leathers and slipped them on. i opened to door to see ben sat on his phone texting. i stood in the doorway for a couple seconds before he saw me. i held my boots and helmet in my hands putting them carefully on the side, starting to pour out a glass of water for me and a bottle of coke zero for ben.

"even in racing uniform you still look cute" ben said pulling me onto the sofa.

after about an hour it started to get louder and louder, i knew it was coming up. a knock on the door made me jump up to find one of my pit members coming to collect the car. i let him in as me and ben grabbed our stuff and i pulled him into the room where i changed earlier.

"why are we in-" he looked around before i cut him off with my hand over his mouth.

the car door was opened and the door opened downwards to loads of flashing cameras and paparazzi. all i could focus on was ben. he looked so cute holding onto my hands and his eyes flickering all over the place. i squealed as the click of the door closed and i ran out.

"i've got so much adrenaline! i'm so excited your here and everyone else is here!!!" i jumped around as ben laughed

"oh shit, you need to change into this!"

i threw a white tank top and a leather jacket and some black jeans with some boots at the sofa. he just started to take off his clothes there. he was so stunning and i couldn't take my eyes off him. he slipped on the clothes and almost on time, i was told i needed to go. i climbed through to the door and grabbed ben's hand.