I Will Never Forget

Written by variant

Dear Mother,

        I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't good enough to be your daughter. I'm sorry for all the times I thought my nanny was my mommy. I'm sorry you were never home. I'm sorry that you were not there for my first day of kindergarten. I'm sorry you weren't there when I learned how to ride my bike, or there to help me up when I fell. I'm sorry you weren't there for my first dance, or when I went to my first party. Mother, I'm sorry you weren't there for all the times my heart was broken. I'm sorry you weren't there to comfort me when I was forced to give all myself up. I'm sorry you weren't there to hold me all those nights I cried myself to sleep. I'm sorry you weren't there to take pictures during homecoming. I'm sorry you weren't there to hold your breath when I was opening my letter from Stanford. I'm sorry you weren't there to scream or laugh when I got in. I'm sorry you weren't there to help me dress for my senior prom. I'm sorry you weren't there for my high school graduation. Most of all I am sorry that I was ever your daughter.

        The day I realized you would never love me, was also the day I found out why. I remember when our nanny, Sam, tried so hard to covince me of your unconditional love for me. I also remember when I found out that was not true. I guess I should have realized when I grew up with red hair, and all my other siblings with blonde. I guess I should have realized when I had no features that resembled my father, but another man. I guess I should have realized the way dad looked at me, the way no father should. I guess I should have realized, when you looked at me with so bitterness. I guess I should have realized that I was a mistake. I guess I should have realized that you never wanted me, but kept me for appearences. After all one negative comment could shatter your career.

        I probably should have realized you never wanted me, after all those late nights Sam tucked me into bed, and read me a story. I should have realized you didn't want me there after all the times I cried for you, but you never came. Sam was the one who cooked all my meals and loved me like a mother should. It was Sam who gave me all the attention I could ever need. But what I really needed was you. I remember the day you fired Sam. I cried and begged for her to stay, but I should have known it would happen sooner or later.

        I remember the first day you ever stayed home with me, and you snapped. When I was hungry, you just threw food at my face and told me to make it myself. I was eight mother. I didn't know how to cook a frozen pizza. I might as well have been there alone, because you pretended I wasn't there. That was also thr night I packed all my things and ran away, until I got hungry and came home. I was gone for three hours, and the only ones who worried about me were my brother and sister. Mother, why didn't care enough to be there for me? I hope that you regret the mistakes you made one day. There is no taking back, what you have done to me.

From,

Juliet

Dear Father,

        I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I never added up to your standards. I'm sorry I wasn't perfect. I'm sorry I could never make you proud. I'm sorry you found the live you so desperately needed, from another woman. I'm sorry mother was such an ice queen. I'm sorry that woman broke your heart. I'm sorry about the alcohol addiction that has stolen you away. Father I'm sorry about the first night you snuck into my room. I'm sorry about all the crying we both did after. I'm sorry for telling you biological son. I'm sorry about all the hate you forced upon me, after your son confronted you. I'm sorry about all the times I never screamed when you snuck into my room, after what happened with Danny. I'm sorry for growing into a young woman. I'm sorry the child that grew inside me. I'm sorry for giving her up to a wonderful family. I'm sorry for still wanting to be in her life. Most of all I'm sorry that I was ever your daughter.