Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN:

I was brought back to the dressing room by my lovely muscular escorts. "Keep moving" one shouted at me when I tried to stop to look down a hall. Once I was so nicely shoved into my dressing room, I sat down on the couch and wondered if I would be as bad at the architecture evaluartion. I paced around the room, looked through my peculiar wardrobe, and peered out the window, failing to find something to interest me. Once my 30 minutes was up, I was retrived and brought to a similar room, again with the barred doors. I was starting to get used to this whole evaluatin thing. Once the doors opened, I walked through, but was blinded by the daylight shining through the stadium. "Welcome!" boomed Marla's voice though I couldn't see her. "This is the archirecture task. You will use these screens to program your tools. Your assignment for this task: make a two floor town house. You have 40 minutes." With that little instruction, I walked over to my screen. There were different shaped wooden and steel beams on the left side of the screen. In the middle, it was blank. I dragged one wooden beam into the blank area, adjusted its angle, and released. I moved my head to look behind the screen, and sure enough, a wooden beam was laying there on the ground, just as I had positioned it. This seemed easy enough! I looked around at everyone else's constructions and realised how detailed they were getting. Front porches, window seats, garages, rooftop areas. I really needed to hurry up. After working my but off, I was pretty satisfied with myself. Sure it didn't have a porch or a garage, but it was still good, and most importantly, stable. We were all dismissed back to our dressing rooms again. We wouldn't have any more events until tomorrow morning. I sat on the couch and started to doze off. "BANG!" someone threw the door opened and I immediatly jumped up. "Hey!" beamed Anastesia. I settled down a bit as she explained that everyone was going to have dinner in the Great Hall. She presented to me what I was wearing: a strapless white dress with a jewel incrusted lining on the top and bottom. "You can do your hair however you want, just make sure you are down at the Great Hall in 10 minutes!". I decided to leave my hair down, it was how I usually wore it at home. At exactly 6:00, I came out of my room, stunned to see no guards present. I made my way down to the Great Hall (don't ask how I found it) and opened the giant white french doors. Infront of me was a long room containing 3 tables that seated about 50 kids my age. In the front of the room sat Marla and the ther judges. I sat down next to the girl I notice on the hovercraft and began to pile my plate up.