Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

My alarm went off at 7:00 a.m. I was already up, staring at the blank wall in my bedroom. My mother immediately came in with a calm expression on her face. Had she any idea what was happening today? I walked over to the wooden stool at the foot of the bed and let her brush my thick black hair. I didn’t fuss over her weird style, or criticize what she was doing, I simply just sat there in silence and picked at my hideous nails. When she was done, I slipped into a basic grey jumper and stared hesitantly in the mirror. My green eyes were bulging, my face was as pale as the bedroom wall, and I looked like I was going to be sick. I walked down the hallway of our one floor house and into the front room. My father handed me half a peanut butter sandwich (my favorite) before pulling me into a long hug. My mother did the same. This may be the last time I ever see them. If all goes well, I should see them again in about 25 years, if I fail, I won’t be seeing anyone...ever. I just hoped deep in my heart that I would be as lucky as mom and dad had and be able to come back home. “Goodbye Jessica” my father said. “Goodbye” I waved back. I took one last look around my beautiful, beautiful home, and wished I could stay here more than ever. With one last glance and a “THUD” of the door behind me, I was off to Nashian.