30. Sexy Stranger #1 gets a high score on Super Mario Bros.

I stuffed nearly every piece of clothing that I had into a duffel bag, debating over which outfits would be best to take to New Jersey. There were only a few days left before the trip, and I was sure that Gabe and Brendon were doing the exact same thing that I was. Gabe had tried in vain to convince his parents to let him stay home, but they had insisted that he needed to visit his grandparents. I suspected that he secretly did want to go to New Jersey and meet my pen pal, but several of the upcoming visions had to happen in New Jersey. We would have to find a way to make sure that those visions didn't come true. For now, however, I just had to focus on making sure that my boyfriend didn't get a high score on Super Mario Bros.

The doorbell rang while I was in the middle of packing a few of my favorite cassettes. I quickly threw the duffel into a corner, ran out of my bedroom, and answered the door. Patrick was standing in the doorway, looking adorable as usual. "Hi Pete," he said.

"Hi Patrick," I replied. "Come on in."

He entered the house, and as we passed by the kitchen, Mom greeted Patrick. "How are you doing?" she asked. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm doing well, Mrs. Wentz," Patrick said with a smile.

"Patrick, let's go down to the basement," I said in an attempt to avoid an awkward conversation with my mom. Patrick nodded, and the two of us went downstairs. "Did you know my mom before this?" I asked.

"She was my guidance counselor at Glenbrook South," Patrick explained. "I didn't know that you two were related."

"That explains a lot," I said as I sat down on the couch in the basement. Patrick snuggled next to me, and for a few moments, everything was perfect. It was only when I remembered that I probably wouldn't see Patrick again for another two weeks that I snapped back into reality. "I'm going to miss you when I'm in New Jersey," I said.

"I still don't really understand why you're going there," Patrick said.

"I'm going to see the skylines and turnstiles, along with one of my favorite people in the world," I said.

"Who are your favorite people in the world?" Patrick asked as he came closer to me.

"I don't know, but you, Mikey, and Gabe would definitely be in the top three," I said.

"Speaking of Gabe, why does he always call me Sexy Stranger #1?" Patrick asked.

"When you first appeared in his visions, he didn't know your name," I explained. "You were the first stranger who appeared, so he decided to call you Sexy Stranger #1. Also, he thinks that you're hot."

Patrick rolled his eyes and said, "I could have guessed that part."

"Gabe's right, you know," I said. "You are beautiful, Patrick."

Patrick blushed and then said, "Do you really think so?"

"Of course I do," I said.

I leaned down and kissed Patrick's neck, and he moaned softly. We kissed like the world was about to end, which in a way, it was. The phone rang once or twice, but neither of us cared. I could have gone on like that forever.

However, when I heard Mom open the door to the basement, I knew that we had to stop. I pulled myself away from Patrick just as she shouted, "Do you boys need anything?"

"No, I don't think so," I answered.

Mom closed the goddamn door, and Patrick looked toward the TV in the basement and asked, "Is that an NES?" I nodded, and Patrick said, "I've always wanted one of those."