4. Pete writes down all of Gabe's visions.

In the middle of the afternoon, Mom drove me to Gabe's house. When I knocked on the door, Mrs. Saporta let me in and said, "Gabe, Brendon, and Ryan are in the living room."

"Brendon and Ryan are here?" I said.

Mrs. Saporta nodded and said, "I thought that Gabe told you that they were coming."

He hadn't told me, but it was no big deal. I could still keep the rest of Gabe's visions from coming true, even with Ryan and Brendon around. They might even be able to help me out.

I found the three of them lounging around in the living room. "Ryan, I can't believe that you haven't listened to I Don't Know How But They Found Me," Brendon said as he put a tape into Gabe's cassette deck. "They're such a good band."

"I don't think anyone outside of Shermer knows who they are, Brendon," Gabe said.

"Yeah, I've never heard of I Don't Know How But They Found Me," Ryan said.

"Don't listen to Brendon," I told Ryan as I sat down on the couch next to Gabe. "They're just two guys who go to Brendon's church who make terrible music. Brendon only thinks that they're good because he has a massive crush on the lead singer."

"I do not!" Brendon exclaimed, blushing.

Ryan shrugged and said, "I'd at least like to listen to them myself before I make any judgments."

"Suit yourself," I said. "iDKHOW really is an awful band though."

"They are not awful," Brendon said as he finally got the tape to play. A horrendous clash of guitars, synthesizers, and other assorted noises blared from the speakers, and Brendon started dancing and singing along. To my horror, Ryan seemed to be enjoying himself as well.

"That was a pretty good song," Ryan said. "What's it called?"

"Are you out of your mind?" I grumbled, but nobody seemed to be paying attention.

"It's called Modern Day Cain," Brendon said. "It's one of my favorites by them. iDKHOW played it on Superstar Showcase three years ago."

"That's kind of cool, I guess," Ryan said.

"Dallon looked so beautiful in that red jacket," Brendon said.

"I told you that he had a massive crush on the lead singer," I said.

"I do not!" Brendon exclaimed, still blushing.

"Can we change the subject?" Ryan asked.

"Of course," Gabe said as he turned the music off. Brendon pouted, but Gabe said, "What do you guys want to talk about?"

"Gabe, now that we know that your visions are coming true, I feel like we need to write them down so we can keep them from happening," I said.

"That's a good idea," Brendon said.

Ryan gave us a strange look, and Brendon filled him in on Gabe's visions while I searched for a piece of paper and something to write with. "Gabe, give me a pen," I said. "I wanna blow off steam."

Gabe handed me a pen, and I found a notebook lying on a table in the kitchen. Once Ryan was caught up on everything that had happened, Gabe said, "Pete, you know the first three visions."

"Of course," I said, and I wrote them down on the list.

Gabe's mom makes grilled cheese sandwiches.

Brendon talks to a hobo about popcorn.

Amber Wallace dies on Amber Wallace: Consulting Detective.