Thinking It Through

Peter and his parents took the elevator back upstairs with Happy. He would have to be part of this decision, too, since he would be the one guarding Spiderman if Peter decided to go public.

The penthouse was clearly decorated for a celebration, probably Steve and Pepper's idea. There were blue and red streamers and balloons, as well as a cake and lasagna, Peter's favorite! While the whole flat seemed ready for a party, the family was discussing things in a low tone, giving the space an air of tension and seriousness. When they saw Peter, however, they all smiled and broke apart.

"Petya!" Natasha enveloped Peter in a hug, Clint joining in. Peter had noticed those two getting closer lately and he had a sneaking suspicion something was happening between them. When they broke away, he moved towards the kitchen to serve himself some lasagna.

As soon as he walked away the whole family talked in low tones about what the best course of action was. It was one thing to tell everyone that Peter was a Stark, and a whole different story to tell the world that he was Spiderman. It would put everyone at risk, as well as Peter himself. Tony had done it, sure, but he was an adult. He was independent when he had announced it.

"I think we need to tell him of the risk he'd put everyone at if it came out," Bucky said softly. Peter still picked it up with his super hearing, but he'd let them think he hadn't heard for a while. "Its fair that he knows everything before making a decision."

"I agree, but we need to make sure he feels supported with whatever choice he makes," Pepper said.

Peter kept his head down. On the one hand, they were right. If Peter chose to tell the world, he'd be putting everyone at risk. The whole family would have a weakness. On the other hand, if he didn't tell them, he wouldn't really have anything to lose. He'd just keep going about his life.

"I don't want to tell the press," he said suddenly. His words startled his family, who had not realized he was listening in. "You guys are right, I would put everyone here at risk if I did."

"Not just us, Peter. You'd put yourself in danger as well," Natasha chimed in.

"I hadn't thought of that, honestly," Peter shrugged.

"There's the selfless Peter we raised," Steve laughed while clapping him on the back.

The family finally got on with their celebrations, feeling that they had come to a decision that would keep everyone safe and happy. They all had dinner, followed by cake, and decided to watch a movie. It was about half way through that movie when they noticed the Peter had fallen asleep on Tony's lap. His father smiled softly at this boy he loved so much and carried him to bed.

"I love you," he whispered into Peter's hair as he placed a kiss on his temple.

"Okay," he said, coming back into the common area. By the time he was back, Natasha and Clint had both retired for bed, and Bucky and Bruce was falling asleep. "Oh? Everyone is headed for bed."

Pepper stood up, stretching so her blouse raised up and exposed her tight abs. "We could head that way ourselves. No need to go to sleep, though," she whispered the last part, dragging her hand across Tony's shoulders. He followed her like a puppy, Steve sending him a knowing smile as he shook Bucky and Bruce awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter woke up feeling rather refreshed. He had slept in, too! It was shaping up to be a perfect Sunday.

He headed into the kitchen, only to find his Uncle Bruce.

"Heya," he said, rubbing his eyes. "Where is everyone?"

Bruce chuckled. "Your parents are still asleep, I think Bucky and Steve went out, and I have no idea what Rhodey, Natasha, and Clint are up to."

"Oh," Peter said as he poured himself some coffee. "Want to help me on a project, then?"

"Of course!"

Peter and his uncle made their way down to the lab while Peter described his idea. It was a type of web that could clot blood on wounds. Bruce agreed that it was a smart thing to have, especially in a fight, so they got to work. It was a few hours later when they headed back upstairs.

By then, Steve and Bucky had returned, with more groceries and other things. Natasha and Clint were watching the news together, a little closer than normal, and Pepper was rushing out the door for a meeting. Tony had bed head. Badly. Peter, along with everyone else, knew it wasn't just bed head, but no one commented.

"Love you, see you soon!" Pepper blew Peter a kiss and leaned up to kiss Tony's cheek. He grabbed her ass as she slipped away from him, making her blush and him hum.

The family went back to their own activities while Peter got a mug out of the cabinet and poured some coffee next to his dad.

"So," he said, breaking the silence and drawing attention to himself. "Are you and mom trying to get another son as great as me cause of the press dude or because you guys miss having a smaller kid?"

Tony choked on his coffee, while the rest of the family turned red and tried not to laugh.

"Peter Parker-Stark!" Tony was embarrassed.

"Sorry, sorry, it was just too funny to not bring up!" Peter brought his hands up as if saying he surrendered.

"We were- we are- just- it was- we wanted some alone time, okay?"

"They're trying again," Natasha said. "Have been for about 2 years or so."

Peter smiled. "Cool," he smiled at his dad, silently giving him an 'its okay.'

Tony rolled his eyes. "Thanks, Nat, we weren't really telling people yet."

Peter snorted into his coffee. "That's okay, Dad, Aunty Nat and Uncle Clint aren't telling anyone about their relationship either."

Natasha's blush could have matched Tony's, but Clint looked completely fine.

"Well, if we're going to talk, we'll tell you anything you want to know, Pete. You see, when an aunty loves an uncy very much, sometimes they-"

"I'm not listening!" Peter ran to his room, leaving the room to devolve into laughter.