A Scary Incident

It was a weekend night, I was sitting in the living room alone watching a horror movie. When the clock struck at midnight, I walked back to my bedroom. In the heap of exhaustion, I laid motionlessly on my bed like a dead rotten fish. Ignoring my dog howling outside the house and went into a deep sleep.

I dreamt that I was in a deep forest. It was a pitch-black darkness. Besides the sound of rustling leaves that were blew by howling cold breeze, there were also sounds of flapping wings and crying of a lone wolf.

"Am I in a some kind of dreamland?" I wondered as I ventured the dark forest. I could even imagine myself like a lost Red Riding Hood, wondering alone in a forest, being watching by hungry wolves, as if I'm vulnerable to being pounced  and to be their scrumptious meal.

After a while exploring under the full moon, which was the only light source at the creepy forest, I heard bushed rustling at a distance. I looked at the bushes as it shook vigorously, then a pair of bloody-red eyes shot at me. After a while, I heard a faint, hollow voice behind the bushes. "Come... Let me eat you... I'm hungry..." Goosebumps formed all over me as it bared its big white tombstone teeth at me, followed by the sound of growling. I wanted to run for my life but I couldn't feel my legs anymore as if my nervous system went jammed at that time. At the first moment the creature leaped out from the bushes, pounding with its sharp claws at me. At the next instance, I was out cold.

My eyes flickered, then opened. I sat upbolt immediately and I realised that I was back to my bedroom. I checked my body to make sure I'm in a good condition. I looked around my room and gave a huge sigh of relief. The morning blaze lightened up my room through the windows and it pierced through my eyes, which I needed to narrow. Then someone knock on my bedroom door and my mother peered at me behind it.

"Son, are you alright?" she asked me with a sign of worry. "I heard you scream just now so I check on you if..." Before she finished her word I hugged her tightly. She hugged me and we broke the hug after a while.

"Are you okay, son?" she asked me again, burrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh yes, mom. I'm perfectly fine," I replied with a wide smile on my face.

"If you say so..." and she headed out of the room, continued to do her chores.

I would not forget this scary incident until now. And I told myself not to watch horror movies late at night.