Team Meeting

We arrived back at the helicarrier, the Quinjet landed and soldiers ran up to the door to escort Loki off and into solitary confinement.

Steve, Natasha and I sat at the bridge table and watched on a little screen where Loki was being held. Bruce stood behind a chair, and Thor stood to the side.
A large cylindrical glass cell sat in the middle of a room on the helicarrier, Loki stood in the middle. On each side were two hinges holding onto the cell, they looked as if they were able to release the compartment itself.

Outside of the cell, Fury stood at a panel with a keyboard. 

"Incase it's unclear," he entered a code and lifted up a guard that blocked a button. "You try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass," Fury entered a code on the panel and the floor below the cell opened up to the ocean. "30,000 feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury put in a code and the floor closed, he gestured towards Loki then towards the panel. "Ant, boot."

Loki began to chuckle and looked around. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury replied and I unintentionally glanced at Bruce for a moment. 

"Oh, I've heard." Loki looked at the camera, almost as if he were staring straight at us. "A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you." 

Lost creatures, that one I haven't heard yet. 

"How desperate am I?" Fury asked. "You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." 

"Ooh." Loki breathed out. "It burns you to have come so close. To have a tesseract, to have that power. Unlimited power. And for what?" He grinned and looked at the camera again. "A warm light for mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is." 

Each time he looked at the camera I'd shiver in my seat, he was an unpleasant presence. 

Fury turned away from the cell and began to walk away. "Well let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

Loki looked at the camera and just stared at it, then the screen turned off. I shivered again and leaned back in my chair.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce looked around. 

"He's doing it on purpose," I added. 

"Loki's gonna drag this out." Steve said. "So, Thor, what's his play?" 

We looked to the God of Thunder for his answer. 

"He has an army, called the Chitauri," Thor said. "They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth. In return, I suspect, for the tesseract." 

"He's like some sort of dictator, he just wants power over everything, doesn't he?" I inquired and Thor nodded. 

"An army, from outer space." Steve looked at me. 

"Yes, that's basically what they are, Steve." I nodded. 

"So he's building another portal." Bruce said. "That's what he needs Eric Selvig for." 

"Selvig?" Thor asked. 

"He's a scientist who was taken under control of Loki." I explained. 

"He's a friend." Thor said.

I nodded, understanding his grief. Suddenly we had something in common other than wanting to stop Loki.  

"He's under some sort of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha added.