|| Chapter five ||

Chapter five

Chapter five.

2 months later.

Kihyun finally discovered his partner's real occupation.

Shin Wonho was a psychologist.

Kihyun knew about it through a conversation between Wonho's mother and a regular customer. The man was talking about how his child's mental health was aggravating, and the woman gave him her son's card, telling the man her son was a doctor. It explained a lot though, how Wonho just knew how to deal with his anxiety attacks and suicidal thoughts so well.

Also, Wonho was an only child.

When his shift at the desserts shop was over, he went straight to the hospital where Wonho worked at, signing his name up and patiently waiting for his turn.

"Patient number 145, the doctor is waiting."

A nurse called for him, as he nodded and got into the room full of the quintessential chemical smell.

There sat Wonho in the typical doctor white coat, busy jotting down something on a sheet of paper. He didn't take a glance of whoever the patient in front of him was, just extending his left arm towards the chair on the opposite, telling Kihyun to take a seat.

"Hmm..."

Kihyun cleared his throat, successfully drew Wonho's attention.

"Ki-Kihyun?"

Obviously, Wonho was surprised. He didn't expect to see Kihyun here. He remembered not having said anything to make Kihyun doubt his occupation as an accountant. How could he know?

Then, something popped up in his head.

Mother.

Mentally frustratedly asking him mom why, he stood up and walked towards his partner.

"Why did you tell me you were an accountant?"

Said Kihyun, with a feeling of betrayal in his voice.

"Darling, I can explain."

Contrary to Wonho's thought of Kihyun reacting strongly to his lie, Kihyun just gazed at him, waiting for his explanation. He led Kihyun to have a seat, and continued:

"Do you remember you once told me doctors are big talkers and money-hungers?"

Kihyun nodded.

"I didn't want you to get that impression of me, so I lied that I was an accountant."

When in fact he was a doctor. Not any doctor, a psychologist, specialized in depressions and anxieties.

"Don't be mad at me."

He pleased, as Kihyun shook his head.

"I'm not mad. I was just curious. I know you wouldn't lie to me without a reason."

Honestly, if at that moment, Wonho said he was a psychologist, Kihyun would kick him out. He could trust a psychologist no more.

Kihyun hopped onto Wonho's laps, greedily trying to get his favourite hug and kisses from the love of his life, as Wonho gave him what he wanted.

"How are you feeling today?"

Everyday Wonho would ask him this question, always to make sure he was alright.

"Wonho, I'm perfectly fine now. Thanks to you. And will always be, as long as you're here next to me."

The younger shyly confessed, before giving Wonho a soft peck on his right cheek and then hiding his face in his lover's chest.

It had only been two months since their relationship started blooming. To go on forever, would never be easy.

At the moment, their aims were to go on as far as possible, to support each other as much as they could, and to love one another as beautifully as God allowed them to.

Their start was a mistake, when Kihyun accidentally dialed the wrong number. Later on, he found out Wonho's contact was only a number different from the suicide helpline, and he called Wonho in his depressed state. Wonho could've changed his contact. But he didn't. He believed he was no different from people working in the helpline, as his job too, was to help the sufferers.

That was why, Kihyun always believed Wonho was an angel. The only difference between Wonho and an angel, was that angel stayed in paradise, while Wonho stayed by his side.

It was a mistake that brought a broken soul to its cure, helped it heal and recover, gave it a brand new life - a better one, a more beautiful one. 

The end.