|| Chapter three ||

"I was lost.

Then I found you."

Chapter three

Chapter three. 

Kihyun felt clueless.

It was one morning that he woke up. And he realized, he had fallen in love, with a person he had never asked for from God. But still, God gave Wonho to him anyways. And he soon to understand why.

Because Wonho could fill his life like nobody else could. He came into Kihyun's life like a promising cure, to heal Kihyun's broken soul. Wonho set up an everyday planner, in hope of bringing Kihyun's anxiety level down, and for Kihyun to feel relaxed, to loosen himself.

Every afternoon, Wonho would teach Kihyun meditation. After that, the two of them would go for a stroll along the Hans river for some fresh air before dinner.

"How are you feeling?" asked Wonho.

"A little better, I think." replied Kihyun, blankly.

They both were wearing coats as they walked down the paved roads, but that didn't stop the night breeze from penetrating into all that layers. Kihyun shortly felt the cold and shivered.

"Here, take this."

Walking on Kihyun's right, Wonho grabbed Kihyun left hand and placed in a hot pack. Meanwhile, with Kihyun's right hand, he held it softly, passing onto it the warmth of his hand. The younger's cheeks quickly flushed red from the touches. He wanted to remove his hand, but Wonho only intertwined their fingers.

The man who once was a stranger looked at Kihyun, as if Kihyun was the only star in his darkest night. His hand was large and soft. Whenever next to him, Kihyun always felt a strong sense of protection.

"What do you want to eat tonight? My treat."

Kihyun's lower lip protruded forward as he thought of what for dinner. His walk became slower, and finally stopped in front of a Korean BBQ shop on the other side of the road. But then, Kihyun felt wrong... Korean BBQ was expensive, according to him being unemployed, and he couldn't make Wonho pay for anymore of such. He had owed Wonho way too much.

However, Wonho didn't seem to care. Still holding Kihyun's hand tightly, they crossed the street.

"Wonho... it's expensive here..."

Kihyun pulled the side seam of Wonho's shirt.

"Don't worry about it."

Wonho assured, gently patting the younger's head.

Ordering Korean beef, pork belly and other side dishes, and of course, there was alcohol.

Dinner was great, but one thing unexpected happened. Once Kihyun had a drink, he wouldn't cease himself. And Wonho couldn't stop him.

"Wonho... please... just one more drink."

Kihyun pouted when the glass was taken away from him.

"Kihyun, you're terribly drunk. Let's get you home."

Wonho slowly became frustrated with the drinker. Leaving money on the table, wrapping Kihyun's arm around his shoulders, Wonho struggled to get the drinker to stand up.

"C'mon, I want to drink more."

On the way home, Kihyun wouldn't stop gibberishing. With the effect of alcohol, it felt like he had put on a great deal of extra pounds. And Kihyun's stagger didn't help at all.

Never let Kihyun drink. Ever again.

"You know... if you can't be happy. Then be drunk."

He was drunk. And his words were gibberish. But that didn't stop his speech from sounding like an exponential pain. Every wrongdoing that had been poured on this poor soul, every agony that had been borne by this poor soul, Kihyun was cruelly crushed to the ground. Yet here he was, brave enough to call for help, strong enough to keep himself alive.

Finally they were back at Kihyun's home. Settling Kihyun on bed, Wonho pulled a blanket up to keep Kihyun warm and intended to sleep in the living room. But instead he was pulled by a strong force on his neck.

Kihyun's arms wrapped around his neck, having Wonho close. His face was, as if, covered by red blush all over, his breathing was heavy, his lips were seductively open. He was drunk. And he was feeling a strong sense of lust.

"Wonho... I like you, like a lot."

He started smiling like a fool once the confession left the tip of his tongue.

"I like you too, dear. Now you need some rest."

Wonho softly pinched his right cheek, trying to get away from his grip, but failed just as miserably as how he tried to stop Kihyun from drinking earlier.

"No no no. I don't need any rest. I need you."

Kihyun stopped for a little, before adding on:

"You see... you like me as a friend. I don't. I like you more than that."

The drunk confession wasn't the most shocking thing to Wonho. It was a kiss afterwards, when Kihyun brushed his soft, thin lips against his, when Kihyun's face was as closed as ever, when Kihyun's heart was beating so loudly and quickly and showing how much affection he really felt towards Wonho.

And Wonho responded by deepening the kiss. Different from Kihyun, Wonho was sober, so sober that he could feel his feelings for Kihyun were stronger than he thought.

Since the very beginning, when he heard Kihyun's shaky voice telling him I don't want to live anymore, he just knew he wanted to protect this broken soul, to love and cherish it, with all he had.

Kihyun hands started traveling down lower, reaching the first button of Wonho's shirt and trying to unbutton it. However, Wonho stopped him.

"Kihyun, you're going to regret this the next morning."

Kihyun giggled.

"You know what rhymes with drunk, Wonho?"

Kihyun asked, his dreamy half-open eyes gazed affectionately at Wonho.

"What is it?"

"Sex."

No, it does not rhyme.

But Kihyun was drunk. Nothing would do better than that.

Wonho had brought the alcohol, now was Kihyun's turn to bring in some bad decisions.