I Can't Lose You

So I'm thinking of adding some one-shot requests into my book! Tell me what u guys think in the comments, and if u like it, I might continue writing one shot requests in this jokebook, but don't worry there will still be tons of jokes! 

Alrighty, this oneshot was requested by Former Wattpad user: Azure_Wolf101!

P.S. Just a warning this contains spoilers for Season 2

P.P.S Also we all know the characters belong to The Dragon Prince so I'm not going to mention it but I realise by saying that I'm not going to mention it I mentioned it ok bye and enjoy 

----------------

Rayla's POV

As I stand over him, I could feel the negative energy. His eyes were closed, hiding away his green eyes from view. Instead I could see the purple distinguishing feature of pain and... I miss his green eyes, that shine when he's happy...

Not that I care! But this is his fault. He shouldn't have messed with dark magic. That's on him. But as I look down at him, I can see him tossing and turning. I can hear him panting and groaning.

I just say 'You messed with somethig you shouldn't have messed with and now, you're paying the price.'

I guess I was just pushing him away because I was scared. Scared of getting close to him just to lose him.

But as I hear him exclaim 'Help! Help.' I realise I can't push him away.

I sit down next to him, and before I can comprehend what's coming out of my mouth, I gently soothe him 'You'll get through this.' I wipe his forehead with a cold cloth. 'You big dumb human.'

And I'm hoping he can't hear me.

~~~~~~It's Barney the line break! Say hello!~~~~~~

Suddenly I hear him gasping and panting. He's tossing and it's almost like he can't breathe. I don't know what to do. I'm calling out his name and...

'I can't lose him.'

'Callum! Wake up!' I yell. Fear dripping into my voice.

As I see him panting, I can't help the tears that come to my eyes. 'You've got to stay with me!'

No! I won't let this happen! I can't let this happen.

Tears are dripping down my face and I'm not even stopping them. I can feel the wet drops, sliding down my face.

'Oh, Callum! Please come back. It doesn't matter what you did before.' I can see the sweat dripping down his face, and how he's gasping for breath. It hurts to see him like this. 'I just want you to be okay.'

'Please.'

~~~~~~Barney's back and he brought a friend! Say hello to Zuma!~~~~~~

At this point I'm hugging him close. I can hear him panting. My head's buried in his shoulder. I'm hoping - praying - he's going to be alright. I don't know what I would do if I lost him.

No! I can't think like that! He's going to come back!

I cry out his name hoping for... anything!

I'm cradling him in my arms, and I have never felt more miserable than I do now. I run my hands through his hair, and it comes out, like a whisper, 'I can't lose you like this, you mean too much to me!'

'Callum, I... I...l-

'I knew you cared.'

Suddenly his eyes open, and I see his beautiful green eyes again! I take in his amazing woody, inky smell. I hug him so tight I feel like I'm going to crush him. Until I realise the position we're in... and what he just said.

My eyes widen in surprise, and I immediately jump back. Crossing my arms, I stammer 'Umm... I... I don't know what you're talking about.' Heat rises to my cheeks as I think back on what I said.

'Did I say anything embarrassing? How much did he hear?'

As I'm contemplating how long it would take for the ground to swallow me whole, Callum walks over to where I'm standing, and hugs me. 

Teasingly, he whispers in my ear, 'So you don't care?' 

My face flushes and my response is nothing but... nonsense. 'Umm.. I.. What,' but as my hands curl into his soft, brown hair, I feel confidence seeping into my bones, and (thankfully) I reply 'Of course I care.'  

And using my sudden rush of confidence, I kiss his cheek, and walk away before he can see my heavy blush.

~~~~~~Now say goodbye to Barney and Zuma~~~~~~

Callum's POV

Well. That was... one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Who knew one's mind could be so scary. 

Thank god that's over. Finally, I can breathe properly again. Suddenly I start to panic, why is everything black. OMG. AM I DEAD!? Oh wait, never mind. My eyes are just closed. Hehe..

Wait, what's that noise? It's... Rayla! Phew. What's she saying?

'I can't lose you like this, you mean too much to me!'

I mean... a lot to her. The thought alone makes me smile. 

'Callum, I... I...l-

And before she can finish that very, very important sentence, my mouth just decides to blurt out 'I knew you cared.' 

Dammit. I wanted to know what she was going to say. Maybe... no what am I saying.

Now she's... hugging me? Her gorgeous purple eyes are closed. So instead of looking at her, I just hug her back. Ouch. She is strong. Well, of course she's strong she's Rayla.

Suddenly she jumps back and crosses her arms. She stammers out 'Umm... I... I don't know what you're talking about.'

Her sudden hug gave me a boost of confidence, so before I could stop myself from making a fool out of myself in front of her, I walk over to her and hug her and teasingly whisper in her ear, 'So you don't care?'

She tries to respond, but all that comes out is, 'Umm.. I.. What,' which makes me smile. Wow. Who knew I could have this effect on Rayla? 

Her hands are in my hair, and I can't help but blush. But what she says next makes me freeze, 'Of course I care.'

And then, as red as I already am, she does something that makes my face look like a tomato (even though it already is). She kisses my cheek! i think I'm going to melt from embarrassment and happiness. Wait... did I just say happiness. Oh god. 

She walks away before I can see her face, but I definitely know what mine looked like. I'm beet red, eyes glazed, frozen in place, and probably drooling. If Ezran ever hears about this I'm going to die of embarrassment. 

----------------

Tell me what u guys think!