three

A/N: Heeeey guys! Sorry this one's kinda short, it's this length for a few reasons:

1) I felt like the ending was a good place to stop;

2) I wanted to get something posted as soon as possible for you guys;

3) I'm exhausted as shit.

Anyways, hope you like this one! Harry perceives the scenes in this chapter in a radically different manner than Louis did, I think, so I hope it's a really interesting one to read! 

ALSO, I've posted about this video a BUNCH, but I'm doing it again -- WATCH THE LINK ON THE RIGHT. It's definitely up there in my top 3 favorite Larry videos OF ALL TIME. So watch please please PLEASEEEE and then we can fangirl together! (Also, the song in the background is FABULOUS. It's a cover and it's so much better than the original, in my opinion.)

THIS IS DEDICATED TO @HAPPILYLARRY BECAUSE HER COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE. 

Happy reading!

****

"You're getting into groups today and doing this worksheet. Each row is a group. Get to work."

Harry sits up slightly from where he'd been slumped over in his seat. He stops mid-yawn, because, what did Stevens just say?

He looks around the history classroom, eyelids heavy. He sees people getting up from their chairs and clustering with the people in their rows. So what Harry heard was correct then; they'd be working in groups today. 

With their rows. 

Harry swallows thickly, because that means -- that means working with Louis. 

His hands start shaking the slightest bit, and he quickly grabs his pen off of his desk and clenches it in his fist to counteract the embarrassing physical response. Fuck.

He stands up slowly, making his way over to the back of the room to grab a worksheet. He ignores the way he notices that Louis got up to do the same and is walking right behind Harry. He's still clutching his pen. 

The rest of his row seems to be gathering in a corner in the front of the room, so Harry quickly grabs his paper and makes his way over to them. He sits down in a seat, and notes, when he turns around to "check the clock" (but actually to find Louis), that Louis has sat right behind him again. Fuck. 

"So what are we doing?" a blonde girl asks the group, and Harry resists the urge to roll his eyes. Did no one else even skim over the instructions on the sheet? "Well," Harry says, his voice embarrassingly deep and rumbly because he's still practically half asleep, "we have to discuss America's foreign policy under Jefferson's presidency, so we should definitely talk about the Embargo Act."

The girl's eyes light up when she notices that Harry's talking to her, and she nods a bit too forcefully. "Yeah, that's definitely a good idea! Can you explain more about it though? I don't really know what it is."

Harry just barely stops himself from sighing and instead smiles politely at her. "Yeah, of course." He goes on to recite from memory everything he'd learned about the Embargo Act from the reading homework the night before -- which, it seems no one else actually completed, because everyone is staring at him blankly as he explains. 

Well, everyone except Louis, but that's not a surprise. 

They end up finishing the classwork rather quickly, Harry doing most of the talking and everyone else merely copying down what he's saying. Harry is just starting to fill out the last Cause/Effect box when a loud, booming voice distracts him. 

"Hey Louis! Have you started the homework?"

Harry freezes up, clenching his pen tightly again. He uses his other hand to grip the side of the desk in a way that he hopes goes unnoticed.