two

A/N: Hi lovelies! You're all beautiful and wonderful and I think that's something you all should know. 
I hope you like this one (hint hint: it's the water polo game scene, which, yay), please let me know what you think below!
Also, listen to "One Night" by Ed Sheeran on the right because it's fab!
Hope you're all having a good weekend so far -- if you're in America, YAY IT'S LABOR DAY WEEKEND NO SCHOOL MONDAY WOOOO
NOTE: When Harry refers to "Lou," he is referring to Lou Teasdale. "Louis" obviously refers to Louis Tomlinson. The names get confusing, ik, but I won't have Harry call Louis "Lou" if the actual Lou Teasdale is there. Hope that clears things up :)
<3

****

Harry is convinced that the universe likes to laugh right in his fucking face. 

He's in Spanish, his last class of the day -- which he has with Drew, and that's awesome, because Drew's always a good laugh -- and he's honestly, completely relaxed. He's always been alright at Spanish, and it's always been an easy class for him to relax in, to not be uptight. 

But then Louis walks in, and all of that is thrown out the window.

He'd been pretty good at not thinking about Louis for the rest of that first day of school, as he didn't have any other classes with him. He had assumed that he'd just have history with Louis, and Harry could handle that, right? One hour a day in the presence of someone like Louis wouldn't be too stressful. 

But now he's got to see him twice a day, and he's torn between feeling elated and frustrated.

As soon as Louis steps foot through the door, Harry's heart clenches. His hair is tousled from the slight breeze outside, and his bright blue eyes are flitting about the classroom, taking everything in. Harry then realizes that he's doing that stupid thing again where he's (creepily) more attracted to him than he should be, and turns back to Drew, pretending to nod at what he's saying. 

He bites his lip. Is it bad to hope that Louis will end up sitting near him, like in history?

The bell rings, and Ms. Felise addresses them all with a smile. "I'm sorry that I didn't let you guys sit down when you walk in," she says, gesturing to the way they're clumped in one corner of the room. "I just thought it'd be easier, because I've assigned you all seats anyways. I wouldn't want you to sit down and get comfortable only for me to make you move, that'd be a waste of time." Some of the students mumble in assent, but Harry is too busy trying to not look at Louis. 

"Alright, so in this first row," she says, narrowing her eyes at her sheet of paper and pointing to the row nearest the far wall, "We've got Harry, Louise, Drew, Louis, and..."

Harry doesn't hear the rest of her sentence. His ears start ringing as soon as Ms. Felise says Louis' name. 

Louis is already walking over to his seat, dropping his backpack and swooping his shaggy fringe off to the side. Harry swallows thickly. Fucking hell. 

Harry slowly walks over to his row, not seeing the weird look that Lou Teasdale is giving him. He's openly staring at Louis, because right now, he can't fucking help it -- Louis' slumped over in his seat, looking exhausted in the most beautiful way Harry's ever seen an exhausted person look.

"H, what're you looking at?" Lou says suddenly.

Harry jumps. He coughs, and then lets out a quiet (nervous) laugh. His eyes flit over to Louis again, only to see that Louis' looking straight back at him, and Harry quickly looks away, ignoring the acceleration of his pulse. "Nothing, nothing. It's no big deal."

Lou turns around and leans off to the side, and when she looks back at Harry, she's smirking. Harry feels his heart drop in his chest. 

"Louis Tomlinson?" she says quietly, and Harry scowls. "I don't know what you're talking about."