13 | That's All It Is. A Leap Of Faith.

Zaire's POV:
Sometimes I wonder when did I get used to having Alec be a constant in my life? I was a loner.

I had no friends no acquaintances. I only ever talked to people when I had a group project. That was my life.

Then the first day of senior year, I ram into my future friend. Who just so happens to be the most handsome guy I have ever met.

Anyway it's funny how life changes so drastically. I wasn't expecting anything out of my senior year but now. Who knows what will happen.

I mean usually I would spend a Saturday night finishing a project while listening to my multiple playlist.

And now I'm in the kitchen popping popcorn and waiting for Alec to show up so we can watch Mulan.

I was shocked when I found out he had never seen it. We were talking about what movie we were going to see, and he said he had never seen Mulan.

I said it was preposterous and demanded that we were going to watch it on Netflix instead of going to the movies.

He agreed of course. So that's how I ended up popping popcorn on a Saturday night. It's better than what I would normally do. So that's worth something.

My parents decided to visit their business partners again this week so they aren't here. And report cards came out, so Alec and I are scot-free.

It was a good they came out too. It was difficult to convince them to let Alec and I be home alone. I thought they would have encouraged it, but I guess not.

I look at the clock like I've been for the last 20 minutes. I should stop I mean it's not like he's going to come over, 30 minutes early. I'm just nervous. I shouldn't I mean it's not like it's a date even though I wish it was.

'It's not a date you say wearing a sapphire blue dress.'

'Oh hush you!'

'I'm right though. The butterflies in your stomach prove this. You'll be fine! Just be your normal self and all will be okay.'

"But what if my normal self isn't enough? What if I over do it? I shouldn't have wore this dress I'm way too overdressed. What if he doesn't show up? What if..," I start to say but hear the bell ring.

'Or what if he's early and looking forward to seeing you. Confidence Zaire. Have confidence.'

'Have confidence. You can do this.'

"Hey Alec," I say opening the door.

"Hello," he says.

"Well it looks like I'm not the only one overdressed," I say noticing he's wearing black dress pants with a hazel color shirt that for some reason compliments his eyes.

"Yeah. I was worried I went over board," he says laughing and with a blush on his face.

"Well come in."

"Were you just popping popcorn it smells like butter?"

"Yeah I thought I should since we're watching a movie."

"Nice thinking. Now where is the living room?

"It's right through here," I say leading him there. "The movies ready to go. I'll be right back I just need to grab the popcorn."

'Please don't let me mess this up,'I silently say.

Alec's POV:
There's a saying that my mom says to me some times. It's 'I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.' It means that you haven't arrived at a life obstical yet but you're sure you'll mess it up when you do.