5 | Someone's Got to Give Fate a Break, Because This Is Just Ridiculous

Zaire's POV:
"Wait that was a true story," I say to Alec.

"Yep I noticed there was this girl being stood up at a restaurant on Valentine's day of all days, and decided to be her fake boyfriend to save her from embarrassment."

"Why though?"

"It really annoys me when people do that. You're fortunate enough to have someone that actually wants to spend time with you, and you're standing them up," he says.

You know out of all the guys I've met he is definitely the most considerate. Most guys would just sit there and laugh at that poor girl, but he tried to help her. He might just single handedly make me have faith in humanity again.

"You know you're actually a good human being," I say.

"Thank you?" "Aren't we supposed to be," he looks so confused.

"Yeah but weren't not look at how corrupt society is," I say.

"That's so true you know I'm happy that you're actually paying attention to the world," He says.

"Well it's kind of hard not to everywhere you look someone is starving to death, living in poverty, being abused, or getting shot," I respond. 

"We really are so lucky to be alive right now," he says.

"Did you just make a Hamilton reference?"

"Yes. Yes I did. Why do you not like Hamilton," he asked.

"No I love Hamilton I didn't know you did."

"Of course I do. Who doesn't?"

"Weird people who do not understand the amazingness that is musicals."

"That's true."

"Hey what's your favorite song," I ask

"Oh! Um have you ever heard that song Smile by Mikky Ekko."

"I can't say I have."

"You're joking right we're listening to it right now." He takes out his phone and headphones and hands me an earbud.

The song starts playing and he sings along to it.

"Smile, the worst is yet to come
We'll be lucky if we ever see the sun
Got nowhere to go, we could be here for a while But the future is forgiven, so smile"

Wow he has a great voice. Whenever I ask him if he can sing he brushes it off like he can't. He's been holding out on me. I can't believe it!

"So," he says as the song ends, "what do you think?"

Alec's POV:
I hope she likes it. This song has a really important meaning for me. I've spent so many nights having a breakdown about to give up then I listen to this song and it make me think just maybe I can make it.

"I enjoyed it," she says. "The lyrics really send out a great message. It's a cry to not give up a lot of people need that right now."

"I wholeheartedly agree," I say.

"It's songs like these that make me seriously want to get into the music business. I want to convey messages to people through my music let them know that they matter things like that," she says.

"You're going to be great at it. I can already tell you'll inspire people everywhere," I tell her.

"Thanks. What's your favorite song," I ask.

"It's Drive, by Halsey."

"Oh I love that song. Especially the part when she says all we do is think about the feelings that we hide. It's so true everyone's hiding behind a mask," I say.