𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓯𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓼

When Spiderman swung onto the roof at their usual meeting place, Wade was already there. He was taking in huge gulps of air and he had his mask in his hands. He didn't look up, even when Spidey say next to him. He took another do breath.

Spidey didn't like gifts. He liked honesty and action.

"Hey, Red," Spiderman sitting, nudging him with his shoulder. "You okay? You took your mask off. Did someone shoot you in the face again? Is your brain rebooting? Do you know who I am?"

"It'd take more than a bullet to the brain to forget you, baby boy."

The younger man chuckled and it brought a smile to Wade's face. Steadied his resolution.

"So what's going on? You don't want to patrol or something?"

"Webs, I have been trying all week to tell you how I feel. But every time I force the words out you leave before I can finish or you think I'm just joking or—" Wade shakes his head. "I like you, Spidey. Probably love, and I know it's too early for that, but you treat me so well. And you're always there for me. You're my best friend and I'm sorry if I just made this so awkward, oh my God."

"Wha—" Spidey said looking up at him, the eyes on his mask widening comically and Wade can tell his mouth is wide open beneath the spandex.

"I love you, Webs."

"Peter. It's— my name, it's Peter. Peter Parker.

"Nice to meet you, Peter Parker."

"Will you say it again?" Peter's voice was quiet behind the mask.

"I don't know what you mean," Wade was shaking his head, the space where his eyebrows would be was furrowed as he looked at Spiderman. In seconds the younger man was pulling off his own mask, messy brown hair falling over his even richer brown eyes. He moved closer to Wade on the ledge.

"You waited up here to tell me something. Say it again. Please."

"I love you," Wade said and Peter moans.

"Again."

"I love you."

"Again," Peter said practically begging and he'd almost pulled himself into Wade's lap.

"I love you, Peter Parker."

"I love you too, Wade. I just— you flirt with everyone, you know? And I thought maybe it was just me being crazy. I thought you were doing all this extravagant stuff all week to try and play a joke on me or something. I never thought you'd actually. I'm just me..."

"You're not just anything, baby boy. You deserve the world. Oh, God, I want to cherish the fuck out of you. So hard. Show you how much you mean to me. Will you let me?"

Peter nodded before surging forward to place a kiss on Wade but then his Spidey-Senses were going off and he's pulling his mask back onto his face just as a series of shots are fired across the roof.

"Of course, the target/villain shows up when we're about to get a spidey-smooch. How convenient, author. Almost as if you have another chapter to prepare for." Wade stood up, brushing himself off and pulling Spiderman with him. "It better be a damn good kiss, Ms. Author or I swear to Bea Arthur you're going to have to answer to me. And not in the kinky kind of way. C'mon, Webs, let's get this over with."

"You got it, Red."