𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼

Deadpool is giving him an entire heart shaped box of chocolates.

"A heart for mi corazon," Deadpool says, presenting them to Spiderman on one knee. He can tell the masked man is smiling even though his mask is still snug against his face.

It's 2am on February 15th and Spiderman doesn't know where Deadpool even manages to pull the box from while they're sitting on a random rooftop near Manhattan to stare at the hearts still lighting up Time Square as they one by one putter out, confetti and rice and who knows what else still lining the streets from the slew of impromptu weddings and proposals that happened down there.

"I don't really like chocolates," Spidey says instead of asking where the box was hiding.

"Blasphemy!" screeches Deadpool dramatically.

"Honesty," Spidey quips back playfully. They're both smiling through under their masks. Spidey looks away. "Besides, if they were a gift from someone you shouldn't just give them away again."

"No, they're for you. Or I mean they were? I thought everyone liked chocolate. Especially for Valentine's day. It's romantic and stuff. Even white had agreed that you'd like them. Should have known better, really. Is it because they're from me?"

"There is so much to unpack there." Spiderman shakes his head as he tries to parse through what Deadpool had said. "Is this because I said I didn't have a Valentine? It's really not that serious, DP, I don't mind that they're from you, but you didn't have to do that. So thanks, but no thanks. I don't want your pity chocolates, bud."

"Pity choc- no! Baby boy, I don't- I wasn't- These aren't pity chocolates. I swear it on that sweet ass. You mean a lot to me. Keep me on the hero path you know and I just thought that maybe I could-"

"And besides," Spiderman continues, checking his watch, almost as if Deadpool had never said anything at all, "Valentine's Day is over. Keep them." He doesn't notice Wade's face fall, it'd be hard to in their masks. "Give them to someone special."

"You're the only special person in my life right now, Webs."

Spiderman snorts a laugh and shoves at Wade's shoulder as if its a joke.

"Yeah, 'Pool, I know."