Chapter 10 - End

I tried to enjoy the last few days with my dad before going back home. Ange and Brylle decided to come with me when I get home so we could spend more time together, my dad said he'll visit as soon as he get a holiday off his work. I just finished packing when Ange shouted: "GABI! YOU READY?" I grabbed my luggage and took it down stairs. 

"Yeah, ready" I said as I reached the last step of the stairs. She gave me a sympathetic smile and patted my shoulder. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

"Yeah." I smiled slightly. 

"He's a jerk, Gabi." she reassured

I shook my head disapproving. "No, I was. It's my fault, he probably don't wanna see me again." 

"Don't say that. Who goes off once they find out their girlfriend has cancer? Seriously I lost respect on Jai for doing that..." 

"I'm fine" I lied. I'm not okay. Was Jai really that mad at me or was he scared? Is my illness his excuse? So many questions we're popping out my head. Tears we're threatening to spill. "Let's go." I said.

"If we ever run on him when we get there, I will give him a piece of my mind." 

"Stop, Ange. It's fine."

"He has no respect left from me." she grabbed her luggage and carry it to the car. "Bryllesson! Get Gabrylle's luggage!" she shouted once she reached the door. Brylle came running in the lounge and grabbed my luggage. We walked to the car together in silence...

"I hate to admit it but I agree with Ange. What Jai did wasn't very man-like. He ran away like a little kid. He didn't even let you explain yourself." Brylle said as I was just about to open the door of the car. 

"From a guy's point of view, what do you think I should do?" 

"Honestly, I don't know. I've never been in a real relationship as tight as you two had." 

"You got a point there" I joked and winked at him. 

-----

 It has been three weeks since I last saw Jai and that was in Ice Shack. The day he found out about my illness. Ange and Brylle has been convicing me to get out of my room often but I'm basically dead without Jai. I sighed as I roll over my bed. That's all I do all day, lock myself in my room and just think. My father visits every weekend to check on me, as usual I had to put myself together and smile to put on a great show of 'I'm fine' for my dad. 

A few screaming made me got up my bed and out in the lounge. I tip-toed my way behind the sofa to hide. Somebody's at the door and Ange seemed to be furious at them. Brylle was behind Ange telling her to keep it down. 

"You're a turd Jai! You disappear for three weeks then you come back to 'apologize'? Dude, you two dated overnight, you were best friends for ages then you just disappear! You didn't have had the right to be mad at her in the first place! Take your roses and go home. She's healing without you." she ranted. 

Brylle would whisper "stop, Ange" in between her lines. 

"I just wanna see her. Please" for the first time in weeks I heard his voice. I gasped as it echoed in my head. 

"Jai, just go." Brylle said firmly. Trying to be manly for once

"Bro, I just wanna apologize." 

Ange and Brylle was shooing him away then my instincts got on top of myself. "Stop." I croaked from behind as they we're closing the door on him. I slowly made my way to through the door and there was Jai. His eyes filled with pain, I was guilty for causing him that pain - I could see myself through it. "What are you doing here?" I asked.