Chapter 7 - Confession

1:47 A.M. it reads on Jai's digital wrist watch. I groaned as I pat my stomach,  I felt like I was bloated. "Come on drink more" Jai handing me another bottle of water. 

"How many bottle of water do you have in there!?" 

He laughed. "Come on, you're a bit sober now" 

"Remind me in the future not to drink again" I said and took the bottle off his hand. "I mean how can you guys do it? Even Ange!" 

"I guess, we're just used it." he shrugged

"I guess so..." I replied and chugged half of the water. "So real reason you take me here?" I finally asked. Smiling at him. 

He shrugged and looked at the view. "You know, it's been a while since we've been here. It's nice to visit it every now and then." 

"Come on! You found me here when I ran away. Why would you like to visit it again?" I exclaimed knew he was lying. 

"The view." he said still looking at the view. "I could see the whole city, where we would spend our summer. It almost like I could see the whole world. Almost like now..." he paused, his eyes flickers to mine. "I could see my whole world." 

My smile faded away. I was too overwhelmed to speak. My heart was beating fiercely, 'thug, thug, thug' it banged against my chest. "Ahh, that's cute" I giggled and ruffled his hair. 

"I'm serious Gabi..." he looked down, his cheeks formed a bright red blush. "I.. love you." he sighed. "Not just as my best friend. I like you  more than that..." he murmured. 

"How much beer did you had?" I joked.

His eyes once again fell on the ground. I didn't want to take our friendship into another level. It's not worth a try. He's going to get hurt. My heart ached to see him broken. I sighed. "I was only joking!" I nudged him, his eyes were still on the ground. I held his chin up. "Look Jai..." I paused, I was choosing my words carefully. "I obviously feel the same way." I gave him a sympathetic smile. 

He shook his head "there's also obviously a 'but' isn't it?" 

This time I was the one who looked down. I knew I felt the same way as he does. Everyone sees, we both like each other more than friends, but... It will be harder for me to tell him the truth. Now we're friends I couldn't even tell him, how would I manage to hide it if we're together? "Jai, I'm just scared..." 

"Why? That I will break your heart? Come on Gabi, you know I wouldn't do that. I would kill myself for me to be able to do that..." 

"No. That I will break yours and our friendship." 

"Gabi, I don't care. All I care about is for you to be mine. I have been wanting to tell you this since forever and now I had a guts to tell you..." he paused and ran out of words to say. 

"I love you too." I gave in. I knew I should not have done it. I knew I'm just making it harder for both of us. But I also knew we both been wanting this forever. "does that work?" I asked. A smile suddenly flashed across his face so did mine. 

"As bestfriends or..." he awkwardly asked

"As your girlfriend" I finished him off. He stood up and started dancing. 

"YES! YOU HEAR THAT? GABRYLLE ANDREWS IS OFFICIALLY MY GIRLFRIEND!" he shouted 

I giggled and his sillyness. "Sit down!" 

"I'm just expressing my emotions right now" he has the biggest smile, he was smiling ear to ear which made me giggled. It was like that time when he got a remote control car for Christmas. He sat back down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so happy right now" he whispered. I nod. "You know how long I've waited for this?"

I pulled away and looked at him. "I don't know.." 

He smiled and replied: "A loooong time" 

He pulled me in for a hug again. We just sat there, on the hood of the car, the gazing stars shining above us, the dancing lights of the whole city, it was the perfect moment. I just wanted froze this moment and live it forever. I wondered if I was dreaming because it was almost too good to be true.  But I wasn't it was real, I felt the butterflies in my stomach which has gone mad then suddenly I thought of something - something that reminded me, I should make sure he will be okay in the future. "Jai..." I whispered. He hummed as a response. "Promise me one thing..." 

"Anything."

"That you will move on if I go..." 

He pulled away from our hug and looked at me confused. "Why?" he asked. I could see a strike of pain in his eyes from the statement I just said. "What are you talking about?"

"Just promise me..." 

He sighed heavily and thought about it. 

"Please Jai. I just want to make sure" I frowned 

"Alright.." he mumbled against his sigh. I smiled and flung my arms around his neck. 

"I love you" I whispered to him and kissed his nose, that made him closed his eyes shut and smile.  He then scooped my face with his hands. 

"I love you too." he kissed my forehead then my nose then my left cheek and my right. He smiled. 

----

I woke up the sun already up I look on Jai's watch and it reads 7:56. I open the compartment and saw some CDs, receipts, spare change and Jai's sunglasses, it has the hint of red once it hit the light of the sun. I wore it on and look to my side. Jai was still asleep on the driver's sit but his hand never left mine. I lean in his ears and gave it a slight kiss "Morning little JJ" I whispered and smiled. It did nothing, he was pass asleep. I slowly sat on top of him. I grabbed his cheeks and stretched them out, something people would do to little kids. He slowly opened his eyes and grinned. 

"Morning Beautiful" he said as he stretched out. 

"Let's go get some breakfast!" I nagged like a five year old. 

He sat up and rolled the backrest up whilst I'm still sitting down on his lap facing him. "What do you want for breakfast?" he asked and put his arm around my waist. 

I grabbed his face and kissed both of his cheeks. "Waffle with nutella will do" 

He smiled and bit his bottom lip. "Alright, let's go at Ange's then!" he exclaimed and I laughed. I quickly sat on the passenger's sit and put my sit belt on. 

"Ange is gonna flip when she see me, she might have been so worried." I said. We soon drove off, I open the window and inhaled some morning air. It felt so fresh against my skin. Jai placed a cd in the player and pressed play. By the time it started playing I knew what song it was. He always play this song in full blast every time I come around at their house. You're My Best Friend by Queen. I sighed in this belief whilst shaking my head. "You've got to be kidding me..." 

He laughed. "You know you're my best friend" he paused and waited for the verse to come on whilst  snapping his fingers along with the rhythym. "Ooo You make me live" he sang along with the song. I laughed at the faces he was making. 

"You're such a dork!" I giggled. He played the same song over and over again the whole ride home. It's a cheesy song and I've always hated it but I love it. It doesn't made sense but it's Jai's song for both of us.