Knock Knock

Cindy Sterling had just moved into 235 Brook Avenue and was hard at work unpacking. Box after box filled the living room, the kitchen, the bedrooms, and even parts of the halls. Her earbuds were in and blasting while she unpacked, she didn't even hear the thumps from the walls as she passed by.

It wasn't until that night, that she finally heard mysterious sounds from inside the walls. She had finally gotten the bed setup and was lying down, staring at the bare white ceiling. Although the sheets wouldn't be unpacked until tomorrow, she had managed to lug the mattress in on to the floor for the night.

She closed her eyes and tried to find peace. Clearly uncomfortable with the new house, she sat stiffly on the lumpy mattress. A creak came from across the house, somewhere in the kitchen Cindy guessed. She opened her eyes and looked to make sure her bedroom door was locked still. It was.

She lay back down and tried to sleep yet again for the countless time. She felt herself drifting off before a heavy smacking sound made her nearly jump off of her mattress. She looked around frantically, finding nothing. The sound seemed to have come from the wall and she began to walk up to it.

She jumped back in fright, something seemed to be crawling in the walls. She looked at the wall in disgust, her eyes following the place from where the sound was coming from. "Rats huh..." Cindy muttered. "I knew that realtor was hiding something from me." She started to get back down onto the mattress but stopped dead when a heavy thud hit the wall from the other side.

Cindy stared at the wall in disbelief. That was no rat. A moan of pure misery came from the other side of the wall and goosebumps crawled over Cindy's skin. Her eyes were glued to the wall, she didn't dare move. Footsteps seemed to be coming from inside the wall now and Cindy slowly began to work her way across the room and up against it.

She pushed her ear up against the wall and listened carefully. Something like the sound of sobbing seemed to be heard. This couldn't be though? There was nothing on the other side of this wall. And certainly no person! What could possibly be happening? What or who was in her wall?

Keeping her ear to the wall, Cindy rasped a single fist onto the wall, listening carefully for hallow replies. *Knock Knock* She listened and heard nothing but dense wall. She moved down the wall a bit further and knocked again. *Knock Knock* She listened and heard nothing but dense wall again.

She was about to move further down the wall when she heard something else. She froze in fear. Something on the other side of the wall was knocking back. *Knock Knock Knock* She was paralyzed in fear but turned quickly when she heard another noise.

She turned to see her bedroom door swinging open. And through it came the dark creature that ended her life.